15

After lunch, everybody just went their own ways exploring some more.

Minho sat on a log by a burnt campfire, and I sat next to him.

"Did you give the figure to Thomas yet?" I asked.

"Yes. He took it, but looked at it like it was a UFO or somethin'" he answered.

Probably because of the blood stains...

Minho looked ahead of him, fiddling with his fingers and mumbling something I couldn't make out.

I looked over at him, and realized that I was in love with him this whole entire time. But because I'm a heartless, and bitter, I couldn't even see my own feelings. The funny thing is, Chuck predicted it would of happened.
Just by saying Chucks name, I get pain in my heart.

I looked at the sky, which was already turning this bruise color, then back at Minho, who was still fiddling with his fingers. I put my hand on too of his, and he turned to face me. I squeezed his hand a bit more. I could see he was nervous, or anxious, but I don't know what for.

I let out a smile, which was a rare sight, then Min smiled as well. It felt good to be back to 'normal', whatever normal was now.

I leaned in to kiss him, but he was a step ahead of me.

"You're so cute when you smile. You should do it more often" he says.

I rolled my eyes.

"Minho, those pickup lines aren't gonna work" I said.

"You're blushing. Means they work!"

"No I'm not"

"Yes you are!"

He squeezed my cheek.

"Staaaahp" I groaned.

"Hey lovebirds!" We heard Newt and Frypan yell at the same time.

"You called?" Minho yelled back.

"Mel, Teresas asking for you" Newt said, holding back a smile.

I took a deep breath, and stood up.

"You're really going to talk to her?" Asked Minho.

"She's my sister. I have to. Plus, I need to apologize" I replied.

Teresa was standing on a cliff by the gigantic rocky hill.

Did she really have to climb that far?

I started walking, and Thomas caught up with me.

"Did Teresa call you too?" He asks.

"Yeah" I answered.

This must he serious...

I both walked till we got to the top of the hill, and saw Teresa. All our energy was drained.

"Teresa" I said, breathing in for air.

"Im glad you didn't pass out on the way here" she joked.

"Not funny" Thomas said.

Teresas cheerful face turned stone cold once I lifted my head up after Thomas' comment.

"Why did you call us?" I asked.

"I need to talk. To both of you" she said.

"Yeah we get that. Just get it over with" Said Thomas

"I trust both of you the most, and appreciate you two the most out of all of us here" she says in a very worried tone,"After Mom turned, and Dad left, no one was there to help us Mel, no one. But W.I.C.K.E.D did"

"How exactly did they help us Teresa?" Thomas asked

"Mel, come on you have your memory, you can back me up!"

"I don't remember anything from the age of 7-15. Its just blank. I can't help you there" I said, which was completely true. I don't remember what W.I.C.K.E.D exactly did to us. But I knew it was horrible once I came there again.

"I need you to understand why I did this. You may not remember, but I do. I remember bits and pieces of how they would help us. They saved us, Mel. And I think they'll be willing to save us again" Teresa continued.

 And I think they'll be willing to save us again" Teresa continued

"Teresa—" spoke Thomas

"Let me finish! I want both of you guys to be safe, and I think I made the right choice. Please, trust me on this" Teresa interrupted him.

"Teresa, what did you do?!" I exclaimed, after hearing numerous engines populate the sky. They were bergs. Not just any bergs, but the ones that have the letters W.C.K.D written on them.

"Thomas, go tell the others to hide!" I ordered, feeling danger was near.

"What is it?! Why?!" He asked

"She called W.I.C.K.E.D!" I answered.

Thomas sprinted downhill, and began warning people about the hostile guests.

"I can't believe you!" I shouted at Teresa, and began running back to Thomas.

How could she even of called W.I.C.K.E.D?

Several gunshots were heard, and some bodies were already on the ground.
We were forced into two groups by the time the main berg landed, Girls and Boys.

I stood by Brendas side.

"Who called them?" Brenda asked.

"My sister" I said, grinding my teeth.

"And who is your sister?" She asked

"The brunette between the man who looks like a rat and the blonde woman"

Teresa stood in between Janson and Chancellor Ava Paige.

W.I.C.K.E.Ds men already forced a bunch of people into the main berg, and only a couple into the other three.

Everything went quiet for a moment, and people were giving Teresa nasty looks. I felt kind of bad for her, but I felt guilty for thinking  that.

"They can help us! We just need your trust" Teresa said.

"Well you're not getting it!" Frypan shouted

Ava Paige and Janson exchanged looks.

"We got one of your gladers trust" said Ava.

We were quite far from the berg, perhaps 30-50 meters away, so they had to shout in order for all of us to hear. I was in the third row from the girls side, while my friends were in the second row of the boys side.

"We're taking them in for an experiment. Don't worry, they should return" she spoke again.

Should? What does that even mean?!

"We just need one more 'munie" Jansons said after being quiet this whole time.

They need one more immune. I wanted to run up to them and say 'hey! Take me!', because I had a feeling they would take Newt. I mean, he's perfectly healthy, clean, and thinks logically.

Janson looked at the gladers, then at me. He stared at me for a long time.

Just shout my name and get it over with

I thought.

He looked at me as if he was planning something evil, then he announced the person he was going to take, but looked deep into my soul.

"Minho"