Chapter 9

"Like the Fourth of July" Andrew Chappelle sang, He was close to being completely drunk. His curls fell back and forth as he danced through the room with the rest of the cast.

I sat squished against a booth, texting on my phone. I felt very uncomfortable in....well a bar....Seeing some of the ensemble dancers and Daveed dancing inappropriate. At least Inappropriate for my 15-Year-Old eyes to view. For tonight, I had enough of this vulgar actions and so, I picked up my bag went off.

"...and I'm out of here..." She slid out of the booth, No one even noticed her as she swept out of the restaraunt. The whole cast was way to focused on themselves.

Quietly I sat my self down on a bench, outside the restraunt. The seemingly quiet street was interrupted by four people. I lifted my head to my dismay was the "She Loves Me" cast. It was Zachary Levi, Laura Benanti, Jane Krakowski, and Nicholas Barasch. Nicholas, who I absolutely adore, honestly I had never had the courage to talk to him. Nerves took over my body as the cast walked by, she quietly dropped her head.

Nicholas took one look at me, my eyes took a nervous toll back up at him as he strolled down the mostly calm city street. Calm as any New York City street could be at night, I might add. He stopped dead in his trails, I stopped breathing.

"I'll see you tommorow." He waved off his lovely theatre group and sat down next to me. "Now, you must be the new hit Broadway girl?" I massively blushed, after all this was Nick Barasch. Hit Broadway girl? I didn't know people even thought of me like that, let alone the title of that high."Oh well, I don't know about 'hit broadway girl', but I'm Gracie Daniels?" I looked up and Nick defiantly had his eyes on me.

"Yeah, I know, Everyone in the Broadway community knows who you are," Nicholas said, as if I everyone in the world knew about me, "I'm Nick Barasch"

"Yeah, I also know you are too," I pushed up the last word of my sentence, "Arpad Laszlo.

I sparked my eyes at him. You wouldn't know this unless you are a teen on Broadway but Nick is what every girl is after. I don't care about how creepy this may have been but I took a minute to stare at his flaming red hair. After an intense minute and a half, I left the dream I was having.

"Oh, You've seen the show?" He sat rather close to me, but I didn't mind it.

"Next week! Lin, Anthony, Oak, and Daveed, are taking me to see a couple shows. " I tell him. Lin told me he had some strings to see Fun Home, She Loves Me, and The Color Purple. Nick's eyes lit up when I mention Lin, Anthony, Oak, and Daveed's names.

"Big audience, much stress on me" He got up and ran his hands through his hair, "But I mean, you will be there and that's nice!"

He smiled at me, It was soft, sweet, and honest. Out of nowhere romantic jazz music spread across the lonely NYC street. The soft jazz band sounded like it consisted of a saxophone, trumpet, and I'm guessing a bass guitar. This was no longer New York, it was the jazzy streets of New Orleans.

Nick's sweet eyes met mine, he stretched his hand out to mine. 'What was he doing?', I thought to myself. I took his hand, why you may ask is a completely different story.

"What are you doing, Nick?" He glided his hand to my waist while his other hand interlaced with mine. Nicholas Barasch was dancing with me, what?

"Dancing, What does it look like?" He looked at my face, Nick spun me around. He laughed, at the look of me. I mean dancing in the show was one thing, but dancing with a boy, that's different.

He pulled me closer to where we couldn't see each other's face. I'm glad he couldn't see my face because I am absolutely sure I looked terrified.

"I learned this on Bourbon street, in New Orleans," Nick spun me around, "They have the best dancing in the United States,".