Chapter 22

Gracie's POV

I don't remember anything. Lin told me I banged my head onto the wall, and I could have killed my self doing that. My psychologist put me on some depression meds, after I found out about Jazzy and Anthony's death. The Doctor, who helped me, switched my meds. She said sometimes meds don't work with the patient, and can trigger a bad reaction which is what happened.

                                              •••

Weeks have gone by and I have tried to stay positive, but I still have ignored all of my calls and texts. Unless they were from Lin or Vanessa.

"Come on kiddo, we are going to be late!!" Lin ran into my room. He was rushing me out of my bedroom, but I kept pushing myself back in.

I don't think he understood that I don't have any shoes on. I raised my shoes to show him that I was not even partially ready.

He sighed, "Go ahead." I zipped up my boots.

I giggled, "But I'm not the one who spent 30 minutes brushing my hair" I look back at him, who was literally brushing through his hair."Are you even kidding me?" I laughed running some hair product through my hair.

"Gracie, I don't need your sarcastic remarks! " Lin ushered me out of the house.

"It wasn't even-" I put his finger in his face, denying his previous comment.

He grabbed my hand, and locked the door behind me."I wasn't expecting the teenager phase so soon"

"I was fifth-teen when we met" I whined to him. Sometimes I really don't understand Lin. He can be a bit confusing a lot of the time.

"The moody teenager phase" He replied.

"I'm not moody" I defended, and through my hands up in the air.

He put his arm around my shoulder, as he walked through the stage door. "I'm just messing with you, Gracie"

I stopped short of the stage door, "Is that Gracie Daniels? " I heard a young voice from the barricade. I turned back and saw a four year old with his mom.

"Yea, I'm Gracie." I creeped down to his level. I wondered how a young four year old was a fan of Hamilton.

"You are my favorite member of Hamilton. I came all the way from Kentucky to meet you." I shock his small tiny hand.

"I know you don't really take pictures will fans, but it's his birthday. We came all the way here, and..."

"The birthday boy. Hey do you know my friend Lin? He plays Hamilton."

"Lin Manuel Miranda!!!" He clapped his hands together. That was the most beautiful think I have ever seen.

"How about we give him a call and see if we can get him to come here." I said, and the little toddler's face glow up.

I dialed Lin's number, "Hello Hello Hello, " He answered his phone with his normal greeting. 

"Hey, I have a birthday boy out here at the stage door. Will you steal Thayne's cookie jar and come out here and say hello."

"Sure thing! " He hung up, and the little boy clapped his hands.

Soon after that, Lin slammed open the stage door and came out singing. "Happy Birthday to you." He sung the whole song without the kids name in it.

"What's your name, kid?" Lin asked him.

"Ryan!" He stood proud.

"Well Ryan," Lin picked Ryan up Lion King style, "We brought you cookie cake."

"We stole it from one of our cast member." I whispered to into Ryan's mom's ear.

"Thank you. This means a lot to him." I smiled back to her.

"Can I get a picture with Gracie? Mommy, I really want a picture with her."

"Of course, you can. " Lin relieved him, "Can I be in the picture?"

"Sure." Ryan said.

I am not allowed in any pictures so why now am I allowed to stagedoor. "Lin, I'm-"

"Gracie, on three. One, Two, Three!" The camera flashed.

"It was nice to meet you." Lin said, and almost pushed me through the stagedoor.

"Why-"

"Don't expect that to ever happen again, unless I'm at the stagedoor." Okay, Gracie don't question it.

I pulled out my phone and checked my messages, there was one from Nick. I actually like had butterflies in my stomach, how cheesy.

Go to your dressing room

I opened the door and there he was Nick. It had been two weeks since I had seen him. I ignored his text messages and phone calls since Jazzy and Anthony had passed away. It had been so so hard on me. I unfortunately had take my hate out on him, it wasn't fair to him. I texted him the other day, I just told him I missed him. I did

He stood there with his smirk with flowers in his hand, I ran to him in my dressing room. We had this nice enjoyable hug, I didn't want to let go.

"I missed you" I pulled him closer to me, and held onto his neck.

"I know" His soft words fell through my whole entire body.

"I love you" I said facing away from him, and stood up on my tippy toes.

"I love you too" He let go of me and pulled me into a kiss.

an// post theatre camp sadness