Chapter 49

Gracie's POV

Lin was on my freaking nerves. Anthony was too. This whole 'I'm Gracie's dad' thing is honestly really getting old. I am just a teen trying to live her life. Why couldn't they just solve their problems. and leave me out of it.

"Did you say you wanted to come over?" Dan asked. My focus was so off right now. Today has been a weird day with all of the fighting and the party.

"Can I? I just don't want to go home. " I told Dan," If I go to Lin's then Anthony thinks I chose Lin. If I go to Jazzy and Anth's then Lin thinks I have betrayed him. "

"Lose-Lose situation. "

"Yeah I guess."

"If you don't want me to go to your apartment, then I can alway stay at Daveed's and Oak's. "

"No. I just am really tired but we can just nap."

"Oh, uh Dan. I just wanted to go to sleep."

This is kinda awkward! I should probably just not stay at Dan's.

"Actually, on second thought. I'm just going to stay at Oak and Daveed's."

"Are you sure? I just wanted to let you know that I just want to sleep."

"Yeah. I haven't hung out with them in a long time."

•••

I knocked on Oak and Daveed's apartment. Yes, they live together. Yes, they probably stay up and make Lams jokes.

A shirtless Daveed Diggs answered the door, "Hey kiddo, what are you doing?"

"I came here to crash." I busted under his arms into their apartment.

"Hey Okieriete " I said, he was also not wearing a shirt. "What's it with you boys and not wearing shirts."

"It's actually quite simple." Oak interlaced his fingers together, like he was going to show me a complicated theory. I bent down like I was actually interested in the 'no shirt' theory. "When my shirt is off. I feel free."

"That is it?" I inquired.

"Plus I mean I worked really hard on these abs" Daveed commented on our conversation.

"You just think it attracts girls. Don't lie. Gross."

"Tell that to all of my teenage fangirls."

"Like I said. Gross."

"Hey. That's an opinion." Daveed said.

"You know what's an awesome fact. " Oak said. I looked up in curiosity, "Lams."

Dear lord. I knew that they had those conversations.

"See back in Hamilton's time-" Oak started but was interrupted.

"and Lafayette's time." Daveed looked Oak like he was dumb for saying that, "I feel like Lafayette doesn't get enough credit."