Chapter 56

Gracie's POV

The Jeremy Jordan stood there basked in all of his Broadway glory. God knows what he is thinking of me, and what I'm about to tell him. I ran my hands up and down the rim of my pants and passed across Jeremy's living room. It was spacious, of course as it was the legendary Jeremy Jordan he could afford such expensive luxuries.

"Why isn't um your wife here?" Tommy turned around to Jemery and asked him an uncomfortable question. I turned away from the door back to it.

He faltered, and a sense of dream appeared across his face. He sat down on an empty chair and pulled his hands in front of his face as if he was going to cry. He didn't.

"She, she's just gone, I mean out." Jeremy rephrased, then paced across his living room. "Enough about me, what is up with you too. I mean not that I'm not glad to see you! It's just that you look like you have been through hell."

I turned away from him then back at the door. Tommy saw my facial expression, he knew if I started I would break down, and I didn't need to do that here.

Wow. I'm so dramatic.

"Tommy, you punched somebody?" The shock came to us all. Jeremy's face lit up, was Tommy not someone to do something like this. I mean Tommy was a broadway star, and most of them don't punch other broadway stars.

Distracted from my thoughts Jeremy spoke, "Well. That's well interesting." I stared back at Jeremy.

"It was." I trailed my sentence off.

The unspoken awkwardness would continue but Tommy's phone went off. It was to the tune of Sante Fe, he's such a nerd. Seriously Tommy.

"Seriously, Tommy?" Jeremy crossed his arms and leaned back on his living room wall. Tommy just rolled in his eyes in response.

Honestly, I didn't believe he was actually like this in person. I mean I guess it's hard to keep the 'my-name-is-jeremy-jordan-and-i-talk-like-a-brooklyn-perfect-boy'.

"Hello." Tommy answered. as he paced towards the door, "I mean it was my day off but uh-"

I turned back to Jeremy, who seemed relaxed against the wall, "Well how was your morning? Ya know before we barged in here?"

"It was boring, just sitting around watching Netflix. " He crossed his arms once again, what's with him and the whole tough boy look.

"Is that your average day off? Watching Netflix and sleeping." I asked.

"Pretty much. What about you?"

"What day off?" I laugh, but I was lowkey serious, "I don't know I'm usually still at the theatre because like Jas and Ant but if not there at dance, or voice. "

"That's not a day off! That's work. That's training! " I rolled my eyes. I didn't over work myself. I just enjoy theatre, and dance, and training.

Distracted from my thoughts again, "So apparently  both my understudy and swing can't come in to work because of the flu. So I have to go in." Tommy dipped back into the conversation.

"That sucks." Jeremy joked, and picked up his cup and drank it down.

"Well, you too should leave for your show so I'll get out of your hair." I start to move from the door.

I was pulled back by a firm, strong arm, "I am off today and tonight. I'm on a personal day. "

"I need to get there for 2 pm call. " Tommy spoke a little bit of anxiety in his voice, "I'm sorry, Gracie. I'm going to head out."

It wasn't normal for a swing and an understudy to be out. Like that never happens. How rare.

"It's okay. I had fun, even the fight was kinda cool." I commented.

He laughed, and then Tommy grabbed his bag, and reached for the door.

"Break a leg. Oh and I'm going to take Gracie here on an actual day off." Jeremy's arm still sitting on my shoulder. 

Tommy did one of those faded smiles, and shut the door behind him. I waved a small wave with a smile, which eventually faded.

"Alright! Brooklyn Bridge? Chelsea Piers? Central Park? Coney Island? Times Square? Were should we start?"

A personal day with Jeremy Jordan, that could be interesting.