Chapter 57

Gracie's POV

As I watched Tommy leave and Jeremy grab his coat, I realized how much freedom I had. With Anthony and Jasmine constantly with the baby or back at Hamilton, I really was starting to imbrace this whole "older teenager" thing. Most parents don't let their teenager daughter runoff to lunch with another guy that they don't know. Nor do they let their daughter run around NYC with a thirty two year old. But that's Broadway for you.

I assume I should be a good daughter and at least let them know where I am. I pulled out my slick IPhone 7 Plus and formed a text msg to our family group chat.  'Hey ran into JJ on the street, offered to show me a 'broadway day off' ' and "Send."

Doesn't JJ's wife think it's weird that--"Jeremy?"  He came out in a completely different outfit. Jeans, and off course the only time to wear a striped sweater is all the time. Jeremy striped sweater Jordan looked in the mirror admiring him self.

"Jeremy? " I snapped my fingers. Oh my cow, I just snapped my fingers at Jeremy Jordan, who am I?

"Yes, pumpkin pie."

I scrunched up my brow and had an unamused expression formed abroad my face. "Seriously? Pumpkin pie? I'm sixteen. Not twelve."

"It's something Jack Kelly would say" He explained, conceded to rest his arm over my shoulder, and pulled me towards the door, "Let's go!"

"You know what Jack Kelly wouldn't say? Where is your wife? Get it cause he doesn't have a wife. " I pry. What did you expect?

His arm on me tensed up on my shoulder,"I told she's out. " I looked back up at him as he unlocked his door.

"Like she left? " I finally had the guts to ask him the question of the century. Was Ashley a Cathy? Is Jeremy becoming to big for her?

"Like she left." He repeated in the form of a statement. Well...I didn't exactly expect that answer.
"Enough about her...Let's talk about JJ and G's day off."

I laugh at the change of subject but go along with it, "So are we just going to walk around NYC till my feet turn blue?"

"Well, I'm not telling you a thing. You just trust me and we will see." I mean that's not creepy at all? Considering I'm a sixteen year old girl and he's not??

Interrupted by my thoughts, my phone dings a couple times. It was from my family group text. One from Anthony: 'Jeremy Jordan? Really that's fascinating. Have fun and be safe. You aren't on call tonight? ' I laugh, and texted back: 'Nope:( '. Before, I could send the picture it was swiped from my hand by JJ and so he could send a silly selfie to my group chat.

"Wow um thanks! Lin will appreciate that picture." I then grab my phone back. He shrugged his shoulders. He was the famous Jeremy Jordan. Not much got to him.

"Oh. Lin is in that group chat?" Or did it?

"He is apart of my family. What did you expect? That you could be silly in from of J and Ant but not Lin?"

"It's just he's Lin." And? Is JJ intimated by Lin? Interesting.

I looked back at my phone to see a text message from Lin. 'Have fun. Guess I'll see you in the paper and the news since you are out with JJ.' I showed the message to him.

He put his hand over his beard and cracked his voice,"Who? Me?" It was honestly cutest thing ever. He then messed up my hair and led me to the front of the side walk.

"Taxi!!!" We both yelled at the same time, and turned to each other, and laugh.

A taxi pulled up to the curb, which was odd for a busy day in Manhatten. Many reporters rushed up to the curb where we were. I looked up to him, "I'm getting in!" But I didn't have to do that because he was already pushing me into the backseat of the taxi.

"Jeremy Jordan!" The usual call for reporters bugging us and trying to get answers and the best pictures out there.

"What's going on with the hunt for the new Katherine?" A brunette reporter asked putting a mic up to his face.

"Isn't that a question for management? " He calmly answered, as he pulled his hoodie back up.

"Who's in the car with you? " That was me. The windows were tinted, fortunately. The reporter started to open the door and succeeded for a split second, but not before the door was slammed by Jeremy. Roughly.

"That right there is an invasion of privacy. You will be hearing from our lawyers." He opened the door, slid down next to me.

"Where to?" The driver asked through the mirror.

"Coney Island."

an// sorry for the delay but here ya go