Chapter 28

Gracie's POV

"Tonight is the night." I sung through the theater as I got ready for the show. Except this time I wasn't in it, I was watching it. I got tickets for Alex and I to see Hamilton.

I wore jeans, brown boots, a white sweater, and mind I say this I looked hecka good. I danced through the girls dressing room, and sang like it was nobody's business.

"Gracie. " I hear Jason's voice when he walked through our door, "Your friend Alex is here."

An awestruck Alex walked into the girls dressing room. "I'm Alex, her friend." She said pointing to her.

Alex was wearing a simple white dress, and yellow shrug. I had never seen her out of like...dance clothes.

"Hey Alex, I'm Karla." She sipped her latte and shook her hand.

"I know, " Alex smiled, "I take your ballet class at five." I looked at Karla, dumbfounded at the fact she didn't know her own student.

Carleigh took a step towards Alex, "I'm also friends with Gracie. It's nice to meet you. I'm Carleigh Bettiol." She shook her hand, but before she could respond Lin appeared in the doorway.

"Gracie, if you and your friend want to get there early. I would leave now." I could literally feel Alex freaking out behind me.

"Alex and I will leave just as soon as she meets you. " I moved away from my spot to show a shy Alex, and I mean I haven't know Alex for long but I didn't know her like this.

Lin offered his hand to Alex, "I'm Lin. How about I should you and Gracie to your seats."

Lin walked down the stairs, and out to the first row of seats and then left us alone.

"You know I want you to know I'm not using you for your connections or fame." Alex looked at me. I never even thought about that.

"I didn't think that you did." I said, now discovering that idea in the back of my mined.

"I really just want to be your friend." She laid her hand on my thigh. There was something about Alex that was sincere.

"Good." Just as I finished my last words to her I heard the orchestra begin to stir, and I heard the first few lovely notes. Then I was home, Hamilton had begun.

I loved to watch Alex as she would watch the show. She just seemed so great full throughout the whole show.

"I-I can't believe it's over. That was amazing! " She couldn't even get words out of her mouth.

I laughed, "You should come back when I am one. I think that's the best version." I laughed again.

"I bet it is." She snarled at me, with a smile of course.

Alex and I walked backstage and I started to look around for Lin but he was no where to be found. That's weird for him. He's not usually one to leave with out me.

"Have you seen Lin?" I asked to Renee right before she was going to walk through the stage door.

"He's out here." She pointed towards the door, with a mid-frown.