Chapter 52

Gracie's POV

"Hello?" I greeted through the telephone with a grin forming at my mouth. Andrew and Thayne hovered beside me, and eavesdropped.

"This is Mr. Captain Kelly calling for the "killer" kid?" I heard Jeremy's voice imitate a captain.

"Kid? I don't know who you think I am. Mr. Jeremy Jordan, I am sixteen years old for your information." I heard guys laughter from the end of his phone.

"That was so hilarious!" I heard an a thick Italian voice through the speaker. 

I put the phone down and all I turned to see Thayne red as a peach about to let out a laugh until he does. He laughed until he was practically rolling on the ground.

"He called you a "killer" kid. " He snarled at me, while he laughed his brains out.

Jeremy's voice rang through my phone again, "Is that the Thayne Jasperson? "

I looked at him, and back at my phone. He had a panicked expression, I sent him a reassuring smile, and picked up my phone.

"Hello. This is Thayne Jasperson's agent. How may I help you?" I asked in a professional manner.

"Where's my boy, Thayne? Let me talk to my boy!" He said in a very 'Jack Kelly' like voice.

I shrugged, gave a helpless smile, and handed my phone over to him, "Hello. Thayne Jasperson speaking."

I heard a loud screaming through my phone for him. Thayne almost looked uncomfortable. If that was the screaming or talking to Jeremy, the world may never know.

I leaned close to my phone, "Hey, bro, I'm coming to the show tonight."

"You are coming to the show? " I clicked the FaceTime button on my phone.

"Woah! It's like I'm at the Richard Rodgers. That's fun." He said, as he looked around Thayne and I on his phone.

I viewed him at a coffee shop, with three other guys sitting with him.

"You are coming tonight?" I repeated my question to him.

"Yeah, yeah. My newsies pals and I haven't heard from Thayne since he left Newsies so we have to come see the show everybody has been talking about."

"Who else is coming?" Was the only thing Thayne said. His voice almost had a hint of dread. What happened with him and Newsies.

"So eager, aren't you? Ben Cook, Tommy Bracco,  Ben Fankhauser, and I." He said.

He took away my phone and walked through the door, "Better not come to bait her or anyone from my cast."

"Chill, bro. I'm just coming to see you in your show. See you there."  Jeremy ended the call.

Thayne huffed out an angry breath, "Don't ask."

                                          •••
After the show, I rushed to my dressing room and grabbed a water bottle. Sometimes I realize how hard and overwhelming the show is. It wears me down a lot.

I changed into jeans, long sleeve T, and some flats. I brushed through my hair, and suddenly Thayne appeared in my view.

"Do you want to go get something to eat?" Thayne asked me, while I put my makeup bag into my backpack.

"Okay Thayne. What happened? Why did you leave Newsies?" He seemed stiff but closed his body off to me. "If you aren't going to tell me I'm just going to meet your friends."

"Be careful with them." Were his only words to me. He threw his hair in front of his face.

"I will. Broadway people are mostly very nice." I said, and went to the railing and walked down the stairs.

Not before I heard his last comment, "Most." What was up with him? Thayne is one of the nicest people I know. It was like the sight or sound of Newsies or his old cast made him depressed.

When I went to the bottom of the stairs, There was a loud commotion. Lin looked very comfortable with Jeremy Jordan, and his pals.

Lin pulled me by my arm, "This is the Gracie you wanted to talk to. She is such a star, right." Lin leaned his arms on my shoulders.

"I have heard nothing but amazing things.  Now I have seen nothing but an amazing performance by a seventeen year old?"

"Jeremy! Hush your mouth, she doesn't turn seventeen til next November." He covered my ears, and laughed.

"My bad. We would love to see you two at our show soon." Jeremy smiled real wide, crossed his arms lean backed a bit.

"It's going to be awhile for me...but Gracie you are off tomorrow, if you would want to go you should. " Lin said, and I faltered.

"Sounds good. I've always wanted to see Newsies. You know as a dancer I have always related to it." Jeremy Jordan smiled.

"Look, Vanessa and I are going to head home, so if you stay at our place..." I looked back at him, "Actually if you want to hang out with some of the Newsies guys I wouldn't object." Lin smiled, and walked over to Vanessa who was talking to Anthony.

"He's just weird." I said, and ran a hand through my hair.

"You should." I heard a small Italian voice, "Come hang out with us. "

The guys parted and I saw this guy. He could have been about my heights but maybe a year or two older. He had beautifully floppy dark hair. What was his ethnicity? Italian. Defiantly Italian. Wait why am I lusting over-I'm not lusting I'm with Dan. I'm with Dan, what the hell is wrong with me. He would be so mad if I went out with me.

"I'm Tommy Bracco, and that's Ben-" He shook my hand, and I had a slight smile.

"I'm Ben Tyler Cook." He threw his blonde hair to the side and shook his hand.

"And She's not going." I turned toward the stairway to an almost threatening Thayne.

an /

sorry for the delay. heavy rehearsal. can't wait til crucible.

kenz