Chapter 12

I face palmed into Nick's chest. 'This can't be happening'. Lin just stood there and looked very uncomfortable.

"I'll ju-just go inside. " Lin stuttered awkwardly quickly went into our apartment.

Once the Miranda family had been inside, I... well freaked out.

"Well, I better go. You know embarrass me some more"

"Merry Christmas, Gracie!" He kissed my check leaving me completely flustered.

I may have been so flustered that I ran into the door, and then opened the door falling on the ground.

"Well, that was awful!" Lin said

"LIN MANUEL MIRANDA!" Vanessa yelled at him.

"I mean we walked in on her kissing Mr. Clerk from She Loves Me." He grabbed my wrist and sat me down on the couch for a more 'private conversation'.

"His name is Nick" I blushed this beautiful Crimson color.

"Yeah Nick....You know with one call from me he could be out of a job" Lin said.

What the heck Lin? Why can't I have a freaking boyfriend and be happy? No. I have to be miss perfect theatre kid.

"Is that a threat?"

"Not a threat. Just an observation. He hasn't done anything bad but if he does. Well....Let's just see." He trailed the conversation and sat down at the dinner table and we had "Family Christmas dinner".

Over the next few days I kept thinking about what Lin told me, I knew he couldn't do that. Could he? I mean he was Lin Manuel Miranda. He could do everything.

The rest of the school year had gone by soon, Now one my favorite months March.

One day at the Richard-Rodgers...

Ethan walked up to me, his girl by the looks of it clinched to his side.
"How's it hanging Broadway Kid?" He asked winking, " We heard about you and Nick."

"What?!" I exclaimed. His girlfriend, showed me on her phone. Tweets from Nicks twitter account about his girlfriend.

I mean Ethan knows about it? He is actually not a huge Broadway fan, but he likes it because I like it.

"It's practically obvious it's you." She said, pushing her beanie back on her head. I looked at the tweets, I should talk to Nick later.

"It's actually really great." I gave in. Showing Ethan and his girl every picture, snapchats, and videos.

"....So I'm a big fan of Hamilton. So can I get Hamilton tickets?" His girlfriend was persistent on getting those tickets.

"I'm sorry. I Can't do that. Even if I wanted it too-"

"Even if you wanted? Is this a joke" She invaded my space by getting up in my face and laying hands on me. Who did she think she is?

"Emily. I wouldn't. " Ethan intercepted our conversation. Thanks E, but It. Is. Not. Helping.

"No. E promised me tickets. I want my tickets and I'm going to get my tickets"

"You promised her tickets Ethan?" The sweet betrayal of Ethan Abbot and I. He betrayed me. He was in my first foster home with me, and I was the one with him when he got adopted. Me. Not Her.

"I-uh I don't have tickets"

"Off course you do. You're just the Ticket Girl. Off course they wouldn't let you in the show"

Even if I wanted to give her tickets. Lin wouldn't allowed me too

The sad fact is that I didn't know how to stand up for herself. I just stood there and took it.

Luckily I was near the stagedoor and so was Lin. The door guy wasn't even paying attention to me. Great job, Jimmy. He wasn't doing his job on the other hand Lin was doing his job: being a father.

Lin walked up to me and pulled her behind the barrier. He hugged me and put his arm around me.

"What did I say about engaging with fans beyond the barrier?" Thank God for Lin

"Not to do it." I said in an annoyed voice. Ethan and his girl came up to the barrier. That girl is crazy. I tensed up again. Secretly glad for Lin but annoyed with his questions

"They w-were--" Lin saw my stuttered. I only stuttered when I felt really uncomfortable or nervous.

"Are you pestering my daughter?" I felt embarrassed, I laided my head into his jacket.

"No, off course not. I'm her best friend." Ethan Abbot disagreed.

"....and best friend's girlfriend..." Emily added in.

"Gracie, do you know these two?"

I though about Ethan and the time we spent in the foster house together. Christmas Dinner at The Foster Houses. Getting kicked out several times together.

I thought about my new life with Jasmine and Anthony, Lin, and Being a part of Hamilton. Unconditional love from Anthony, Lin, and Jazzy. Along with the rest of her Hamilton family.

It was worth so much more

"No." I said, blunt.

"Gracie! Are you kidding me-" Ethan yelled at me.

"Jimmy, will you escort these 2 trespassers. Also, read them the rules of Trespassing at the Richard Rodgers!" Jimmy walked them out.

Wow, Lin.

Emily and Ethan were on their way out but not before I heard some mean remarks.

"We were friends for years-" Ethan said, yelling back to me.

Lin saw tears fall from my eyes, holding me in his arms.

"Stupid girl" Emily yelled.

I continued to cry in Lin's arms. He finally opened the stagedoor and walked through it with me.

"Don't listen to her, she's pathetic and you don't need her in your life, Okay?" I nodded wipping tears off from my face. "How about a Hamilton sleepover? "

"I guess that would be fun. So the whole cast could come and we could eat food and be fun adults" I said acting like I was an adult even though I was only 15 years old.

I tended to get very excited about the Hamilton sleepover that I could barely sit still or focus on the show.

xoxo kenz