Chapter 16

Gracie's POV

"What's your name man?" Leslie's voice rang through my ears

"Alexander Hamilton" I turned around in a twist motion to the front of the audience.

The audience cheered louder then I have ever heard before. I took in the vastness of this moment, I couldn't even lift my head open.

The lights blanked down. I was in complete darkness, and I could finally breathe. I rushed off stage, and hugged Lin.

"Thank you!" I tightly hugged his waist, and he looked up at me surprised.

"Awe. For what?"

A single tear fell down my face, "For everything. This! Hamilton. Thank you for choosing me. "

"I didn't choose you. I wouldn't choose someone. I let people prove their talent. You did that." He claimed.

I smiled widely, and blushed all over my face.

"I don't deserve this." I shrug in a whisper.

"Yes! You. Do. Look you proved yourself. You are an outstanding performer. You have to give yourself more credit for your talent." He laid his hands on my shoulders and lifting my chin so I was forced to look in his eyes.

"Uh Thanks Lin." I tried to push a little so I don't have to look directly at him.

"I'm serious, kiddo." He pointed his finger at me.

I hugged him again, "Oh, I'm sorry I don't want to get you sick!"

"I hate to tell you but pre-show sickness is probably not contagious." He laughed at my stupidity.

"Oh." I laughed and ran off to talk to Carleigh.

Before I could get to her, I heard, "There's no surprise, Hamilton!"

The whole entire cast and crew ran onto stage, and it all happened so very fast. People were jumping and screaming and yelling!

Lin pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, "We write music, we write songs to tell the story.
Whether you're King, Kendrick, or Jeanine Tesori.
I'm sorry if I start screaming these thanks hysterically: John Buzzetti, Tim Latham, Tom Coyne and Derek Lee.
Tommy Kail set the stage to kick our boots through.
Bill Sherman, Quest, and Tariq, the whole Roots crew.
Sean at Warner Chapel, Riggs and Craig at Atlantic.
Lacamoire my right-hand man. This frantic Hispanic is non-stop. The best idea goes in the pot.
The cast unstoppable. Band is unbeatable. Inimitable. Inevitable. Always inspiring me to pull through.
Vanessa, Angie, Illie, Ellie, we adore you. Sebastian, Daddy's bringing home a Grammy for you."

I saw Anthony throw up the Puerto Rican flag, with pride. I had never felt this amount of level of pride, joy, and emotion.

I ran off stage with Lin leaned over my shoulder, "You just won a Grammy."

"Yeah! That was very cool!" Lin commented, "You just wait til you win a Grammy, G!"

I felt my phone buzz in my storyteller pants, and I pulled it out. It was Nick's contact.

"Will you come open the stage-door. Jimmy thinks I'm a terriorist and he won't let me in." I could almost here the sarcasm in his voice.

I pushed open the stage door, "Hey Jimmy! That red headed fool right there is mine. He is crazy but he is with me. "

I looked past him, to the fans. They cheered upon my entrance out of the theater.

"Congrats, Gracie!"
"Don't you know she wasn't even in the cast album. She doesn't even count!"
"That was rude!"

I heard that, you know! I saw Nick's reaction to that comment. He was utterly annoyed and angered. I mean that insulted me, his girlfriend. Of course, he would be upset.

"So he can't come in?" I ask Jimmy, focused back to the actual problem.

"Sorry Gracie. He's not on the list so I have to say no!" Jimmy answered my question. I groaned, with annoyance.

"It's okay. Jimmy is just doing his job, Nick. I will just get dressed and we can head out to dinner or skating. Just hold on, one second."

I ran upstairs to change back out of my show costume and back into regular clothes.

Suddenly, Jasmine stood at the foot of the door, as a put on my shoe.

"Woah, tiger! Where are you off to?" Jasmine said as I rushed to put my jacket on around my body.

"Oh. I was just going to ask you if I could go eat dinner with Nick. You know him, he want to know all about today and tonight."

Jasmine nodded, "Yeah. That's fine! Just be careful, and if he's a good boyfriend he will walk you home!"

"He's a good boyfriend. I know he is!" I told her, committed knowing that Nick would walk me home.

I hugged her, and then ran down the stairs and out the door.  He stood behind the barriers, so I frowned at the reason for that.

I asked Jimmy to open it just for him, and he rolled his eyes but did a favor for me anyways.

I hugged onto him tightly, and he kissed me on the cheek. He looked at me with great big eyes, throwing his hands on my shoulders.

"Did you hear my girlfriend was on T.V.  I believe her show won a freaking Grammy if I remember correctly." He laughed, while we interlaced our hands together.

Which most of the fans behind the barrier 'awed' and commented 'how cute they are'.

"What did I miss?" Nick said, with a dead serious face, while we walked away from the theater.

AN //

End of the Grammys. What did you think? Do you miss Nick?

-Kenz