Diary Entry 3- Dreams and Decisions

Dear Diary,

I'm changing. I dont know what it was about him in that moment but it made my heart flutter. No it was probably not true love, but he definitly was and eye catcher thats for sure. Those worn out jeans, laid back tee, It just suit him. God, I couldnt keep my eyes off him. How could one be that handsome? Well Zac was.

Sincerely,

Aspen.

"Done checking me out Clayre?" Zac smirked as I approached him, slowly. I could feel my pale cheeks turn into tomatoes.

"I-i wasnt checking you out." I try to sound casual but that fails miserably."What do you want?"

"I need your help." He said, never taking his eyes off me. Please don't make a comment on my ugly outfit.

"With what? Training your ego?" I instantly cover my mouth as I was shocked at what I even said.

"Haha. No. I'm trying to get a girl."He told me while fiddling with his thumbs. My heart instantly sank into my stomach.

Me?

"No. Bye." I tell him feeling pleased with my sudden choice of attitude. Thats it girl! I turn on my heel and make it 2 steps when I hear him.

"Its you."

"What?" i ask slowly walking towards him. Did he mean that.

"Listen," he folded up a picture that he was holding and handed it to me," ive always liked you. I just never knew it. This is really cheesy, but I don't care. I love you." he came to me a kissed me." I love beep."

"What?"

"Beep beep beep" he kept saying over and over.

Wait a second.

I opened my eyes and realized it was all a dream. A stupid dream. I wish that would happen. I look over and hit my alarm clock. Even though it was sunday i needed to get up. After zac telling me he needed help with math, we went to a bench and worked. Then i walked home and went to bed. At 5 o clock.

I walked into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I almost shrieked in horror but quickly regained myself and brushed my teeth. I called Kaitlin to come over so she could drive us to school. I put on some jeans, a white shirt, and my black vest. I waited for kaitlin to do my hair since she does great with curling. All in all I was ready to go. We walked to her car and headed to a nearby coffee shop.

"So tell me whats up Asp. You havent spoke at all." she says handing me my usual carmel macchiato.

"I dont know honestly. I mean what was I expecting? A kiss?" I said stirring my coffee a bit.

"Well, I mean you did hit him with a broom." she told me emphasizing the did.

"Yeah. Well, that sucks." we finished our coffee while chatting about college. As we got in the car I noticed a farmiliar figure walking into the coffee shop. Jax. Me and Kaitlin both look at eachother with wide eyes. Hes not alone...

ZOEY STAUFFEN?!!?

The most popular girl in the state. Why was he going there with her?!? Apparently me and Kat were thinking the same thing and called for him. Of course he ignored us.

"He will pay for this later." me and kat said.

As kat dropped me off at home i noticed something.

A car.

I walked inside and saw my mom sitting next to a man I've never seen before.

"Aspen. Im your father."

Well that was quick. Couldn't have eased into it a bit there bud?

I quickly find myself running upstairs to my room and slamming the door shut.

"Aspen? Please listen-" I could hear his low, calm voice outside my door.

"What is there to listen to?!?!?" I could feel my rage."you left us!!! You left ME! You left my mother! Now you decide to come back 16 years later and expect me to LISTEN?!??Thats not how it works mister." I know I was being a little biotch but I didnt care. He had no right to just show up.

"I have cancer." is all I could hear him say. My heart sank."I only have 10 days to live..."

"Go. Enjoy life while you can." I choke out.

"But... What... Okay." Hurt covers his face as he walks out the door.

I will miss you father.