Sneak Peak

The Secret Life Of A Teenage Girl;

"And now a few words from our Valedictorian." My principal, Ms.Deb, says.

As i make my way up the stage, I am rooted for and cheered on. I cannot believe I am here today. Valedictorian at my High School Graduation.

"I want to start off my speech by saying, this is the craziest school I have ever attended. But I wouldnt have it any other way..." I say, already getting teary eyed."My experience here has not only affected my choices or learning. But also who I am today. Who I am, standing here at graduation."

I finish my speech 5 minutes later and I am in tears. I go over to my mom and hug her tightly.

"I'm so proud of you baby girl." She whispers to me.

"I love you ma." I say, and then head back over to my seat next to Kaitlin and Zeke.

The rest of the graduation was filled with diplomas and speeches. But the only thing I could think while staring off into space was,

Zac.

No aspen. Stop. He has a girlfriend. You have a boyfriend. Move on. He hurt you.

"Congratulations class of 2020!" I heard Ms.Deb say, jerking me out of my thoughts.

We all throw our caps in the air.

We are free..

"Aspen. Honey." My mom says, rushing over to me, barely catching her breath."There is a massive shooting at the Cinema in Bricktown, they need back up. I have to go. I love you."

"But... Okay. I love you too." I say, sadness ringing in my voice.

I really wanted her here.

But she must go save lives.

"Hey Aspen. Right?" I hear a husky voice say to me.

"Uh.. Yes. Im Aspen. And you are.." I say, trying to suck up my sadness.

"Abel. Abel James. I heard your speech. I loved it." Abel says to me.

"Um ... Thanks. I should be uh... Going." I turn on my heels, heading towards Kaitlin. But a pang of guilt hit me.

I just left Abel.

"Abel wait-" i say, turning around and heading in the direction he was in , but hes already gone.

I will see you again hopefully.