Chapter 2- The Dress

Her Secret Father

Chapter 2- The Dress

"Blair, you have to wake up." I heard a voice say from somewhere in my room.

"5 more minutes, Daddy." I murmured into my pillow.

"Last time I checked I didn't have something dangling between my legs." I heard moments before my blankets were torn from my body causing me to fall out of my bed.

"Ow! What the fuck!" I roared, immediately feeling the effects of the cold hardwood floor as I started to shiver.

"Get up and get downstairs. We have shopping to do and ultrasounds to see." she demanded.

"Yes, ma'am!" I replied tiredly with a fake solute.

She chuckled to herself before walking out my door and down the stairs to prepare us breakfast. "Make us blueberry pancakes!" I shouted from the bathroom before turning on the water.

Stepping into the steaming hot water, I realized just how stressed I was. Feeling the boiling water cascade down my shoulders, I let the tension leave my body with a deep breath. After washing my hair and body I stepped out of the showing and grabbed the towel hanging on my right. Wrapping it around myself I walked out of my bathroom and back into my room. I tightened the towel so it wouldn't fall down before bending down to get a pair of black sweatpants and a purple tank top that said 'you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl' and a matching pair of purple underwear and bra.

Quickly getting dressed I walked down the stairs and was immediately greeted by the smell of bacon and blueberry pancakes; my favorite breakfast of all time.

As soon as the plate Kylah made me was within reach I snatched it up and practically ran over to the table. I was so focused on scarfing down my breakfast that I didn't realize that Lane was gone until now.

"Where is Lane?" I asked Kylah with a mouth half full of food.

 "First of all that is gross. Finish chewing before you speak. Lane left for work earlier this morning. He left a note next to the fridge saying that he was thankful you let him stay last night but was sorry he had to leave so early." she responded still fixing herself a plate. As she turned around and I saw her plate overflowing with food I couldn't keep the giggle from escaping my lips.

"What are you laughing at? I need to feed this little bugger and myself! It is not my fault my baby has a big appetite!" she angrily said, sitting down.

"Yeah, blame it all on the child." I muttered. Her only response was throwing her arms in the air, hitting the open syrup jar. 

 "What the hail!" she screeched as the syrup jar landed on the crotch on her pants. "Oh, great! Now it looks like I pissed myself!"

"Or like your water broke." I joked.

Her face immediately contorted into one of anger. She stood there glaring at me for a good five minutes until hitting me upside the head and muttering something about wanting more sour skittles. I chuckled to myself quietly before finishing my delicious breakfast and skipping up the stairs, falling on my face TWICE, to get ready for the day.

Stepping into my room I closed my door and walked over to my dresser. Pulling out a pair of dark blue slightly cut up jeans and a matching set of baby blue underwear, I decided to actually try to do something with my hair today.

After quickly slipping those on I skipped over to my closet and grabbed a green tank top and a green, blue, and pink flannel button up shirt. Grabbing a brush I jogged over to my ipod and turned it on letting Tattoos On This Town by Jason Aldean burst through the speakers. Dancing around my room and singing at an unreasonable level, I brushed through my naturally thick, wavy chestnut hair before turning on the straightener. It only took 20 minutes to straighten my hair this time so I threw in a little extra something and added a little green bow into my hair. Looking in the mirror I found myself satisfied; I looked good today.

I ran down the stairs and pulled my car keys off of the hook hanging next to the door and waltzed out of the house with Tattoos On This Town still stuck in my head.

“Stop singing that horrid country song!” Kylah insisted frustrated.

“It is a good song and you know it!” I argued.

“I hate country music, though.” she whined.

“Too bad you will be playing it at your wedding.” I smirked.

“Stupid hillbilly fiancé. He invited almost every friend of his from Alabama. Can believe that? I don’t really have a choice of what music is playing if all of them like Country.” she ranted angrily.

“That is not my fault.” I replied throwing my arms in the air.

“Keep your hands on the steering wheel!” Kylah screamed.

I giggled quietly before placing my hands back on the steering wheel. “Are you happy now?”

“Yes, I am.” she said crossing her arms over her chest and looking out the window.

It was only five minutes later that we pulled into the parking lot of the bridal shop. I was silently praying I would find my dress when I saw my “perfect” dress in the window. It was a long, black, strapless dress that would just sweep the floor with a broad silver ribbon going around the waist and down the left side. It was beautiful.

I hurried my steps to match Kylah’s and couldn’t help but point to the dress for her to see.

“That is my dress.”

“It is gorgeous!! It even fits my color scheme!” she squealed, making me cringe away.

“I know.” I gushed before jogging the rest of the way into the store. “I would like that dress, please.” I told a woman around 50 in a workers uniform.

“You don’t want to try it on?” she curiously wondered.

“No, thank you. I saw the size on the way over and I know it will fit. How much is it?”

“600 dollars, ma’am.” the woman confirmed, ringing it up.

I went through my pockets and surprisingly found my credit card fast. Scanning my card, I couldn’t keep the smile off my face. I got my dress!

“Thank you, Sarah.” I said looking at the woman’s name tag as she bagged my dress.

I grabbed the bag and placed my credit card in my back pocket before walking out of the store. “Kylah, let’s go.”

“I didn’t even get into the store yet!” she yelled from a few hundred feet away.

“Too bad, now let’s go. I’m sure you would like to go home to Cam and I definitely want to go home and take a nice bath.” I sighed dragging her back into my truck.

She continued to pouted the whole way back to her house and refused to talk to me. “Kylah, you are acting like a five year old.” I scolded.

“Oh, shut it, Blair. I will see you tomorrow.” she muttered angrily before getting out of my truck and stalking into the arms of Cam. He sent me a frustrated look that had me shrugging my shoulders before I backed out of their driveway and headed home. I couldn’t wait to take that bath I had mentioned earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whoop!! Blair found her dress!! Comment, vote, or add to your library if you liked it!!