Chapter 5- 'Baby Got Back'

My Stubborn Mama’s Boy

Chapter 5- ‘Baby Got Back’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SKIPS TO RECEPTION~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I carefully clinked my spoon against my wine glass, getting the attention of everyone in the room. "I shall now make my maid of honor speech." I turned to smirk at Kylah who, in return, scowled deeply snuggling closer to Cam, almost like she was trying to hide.

"Kylah, I have known you since we were in the first grade. We became friends, because you broke my crayon and I punched you when you showed it to me. Who would have thought we would have become friends over that?" I heard multiple chuckles and saw Cam teasing Kylah about it.

"I remember having our little boyfriends back in second grade and thinking they were our everything. We forced them into having fake weddings with us...I still remember when you told Jacob that you were going to marry him for real one day. He looked so scared!

Then came junior high when we thought we were the top of the food chain...Oh the good days. Do you remember the first time you tried to sneak out? Oh gosh when you made it to my house you were so scared you were going to get caught. Not even five minutes after you attempted to climb in through my window, you felt to guilty and left. You didn't sneak out again until senior year." I chuckled to myself as I saw Kylah blushing bright red with a pout set on her face.

"Oh and then their was the first time you went against your parents wishes Freshman year. I still can't believe you disobeyed them to date Jimmy Wellings."

"He was a sweet kid!" she protested.

"Yeah, until he asked you for a pair of your underwear! Do you know how weird that is?! You didn't even dump him until you saw him showing off your blue polka dotted undies. I still can't believe you dated that kid."

"The little sayings we came up with that always made us laugh so hard. To this day whenever I find someone named Mary-Kate or Ashley I cant help but giggle. We were made fun of for ages because we named our boobs."

"Hey, at least I didn't name mine Pebbles and Bam-Bam!!" she screamed back, causing me to blush slightly.

"I was young! Do you remember when I told you one day I would get adopt a baby under your name and place it under your tree for Christmas if you didn't have a baby already? Or how that same Christmas I got a picture of a baby and wrapped it up, and placed it under your tree saying it was a sneak peak? We laughed for so long over it, but definitely not as much as when I found the homemade flying dolphin you got me. I swear you made my day when I saw that under my tree. Actually I am pretty sure I still have that somewhere. You were always there for me whenever I needed comfort or reassurance and you were and still are the best friend a girl could ask for. I don't think I could have made it through school without you there to make me laugh on the days where I wanted to cry or beat up the guys that you thought were looking at me to funny. I will always be there for you Kylah, whether it is when you need to be away from your husband for awhile or you just need a girl day eating ice cream and watching sad movies all night. I will always be here. Ky I love you like a sister and Cam, I will castrate you if you ever hurt her or your baby." I finished.

"Is that a threat?" Cam replied amused.

"No, that is a promise." I smirked at his slightly frightened face.

Kylah stood up and strolled over to where I was standing and gave me a huge hug. "I love you to, Blair." I could feel the tears that were streaming down her cheeks and onto my shoulder.