Chapter 4- The Flower Girl

Her Secret Father

Chapter 4- The Flower Girl

It has been a week and a half since I last saw Brayden, and I hate to admit it but I miss him. We ended up going to the movies after lunch with Kylah and Camden, who, when we left, wiggled their eyebrows and made googly eyes at us. By the time 3:00 o'clock came around though, Brayden was in a rush to leave, saying he had to be somewhere. I let him go without question, but now I am wishing I would have asked for his number or at least asked to hang out another time.

Kylah had decided to do something special and have no one walk her down the aisle. Her parents both past away when she was eight so she had no one to walk her anyway. When she had told us that she wanted to walk down the aisle alone we all looked at her funny and told her to explain. Her response was that she was giving herself away; we all admitted it was a good idea and that is how it is going to go today. Her daddy/daughter dance is being replaced with a best friend dance to which her and I are dancing to a song I have yet to be informed of. It is suppose to be a surprise.

Looking up from where I stood by the other bridesmaids, I saw the cutest little girl I have ever seen walking down the aisle. She looked to be around 2 years old and seemed to only have just learned to walk, judging by the little waddle in her steps. She was adorable with her bouncing blonde curls and sparkling blue eyes.

She was only half way up the aisle when she tripped over something invisible and landed on her face, instantly starting to cry. I immediately dropped my flowers to the floor and ran over to help her up.

"Are you okay sweetie?" I asked her as I picked her up, cradling her to my chest as her sobs started to quiet down.

"My nosy got hurted." she whispered into my shoulder.

"Can I see it, honey?" I whispered back

She pulled back just enough for me to see her nose, and if I said it wasn't red I would be lying. "Want me to kiss it and make it better?" I smiled to her. I know I wasn't her parents but I could at least try to help.

She shyly nodded her head and I bent my head down and kissed her nose carefully, not wanting to hurt it anymore. "All better now?"

"All better." she agreed in that cute little baby voice of hers.

"Do you want me to walk with you the rest of the way, sweetheart?" I asked her while

slowly putting her back on her feet and handing her, her little basket full of rose petals.

She nodded her head quickly before asking me a question that I can't believe I didn't ask her. "Was is your name?"

"My name is Blair. What is your name?" I quietly told her as we started back down the aisle.

"Aurora's name is Aurora." she said proudly doing a little nod to add emphasis before throwing more petals to her left.

"That is a pretty name." I complimented.

"That is what daddy tells me." she replied slurring parts of her words because she couldn't pronounce the letters.

"Here, you can stand by me for the rest of the wedding, deal?"

"I getted to stand by you?" she whispered excitedly.

"Yes, honey." I replied placing her basket on the ground, picking up my flowers and placing her on my left hip letting her hold my flowers.

Seeing Kylah walking down the aisle brought tears to my eyes and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop them from making trails down my cheeks. She looked beautiful no matter how insecure she was only hours ago.

I heard a quiet chuckle and my head snapped towards the sound knowing exactly who's chuckle it was. Seeing him smirk at me and drawing little tear paths down his face, I made sure Aurora wasn't looking before flipping him off behind her back. He was full out laughing now, getting glares from people in the audience and a smack in the back of the head from Camden before he turned back around to face his soon to be wife who was glaring at the both of them.

I chuckled quietly in return along with many of the audience members. Aurora was looking slightly confused and slowly lowered her head to my ear.

“Hitting is okays?” she whispered.

“No, honey, hitting is a bad thing. Don’t ever hit someone unless you need to, okay?” I sternly whispered back.

She nodded her head in reply before gently placing it on my shoulder. She yawned quietly, playing with the curls in my hair. It was only minutes later that I felt her hand go still. Moving my head to get a better look at her, I found her asleep. She looked so peaceful when she slept.

All through the ceremony, I couldn’t help but let the questions swarming in my head overtake my train of thought.

Who are Aurora’s parents? Why didn’t they rush to help her like I did? Were they even here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know if there are any mistakes and vote, comment, or fan if you liked it. I will upload as soon as I can! The first one who answers one of these questions right gets the next chapter dedicated to them!