Chapter 11- Princess Camden

Her Secret Father

Chapter 11- Princess Camden

Blair's P.O.V.

"Bear!!! Up, Bear!!!" I heard in my half conscious state of mind. "Now, Bear!!"

I mumbled incoherently before rolling over and stuffing my face in to the side of the couch. In reply to my mumbling I got a groan of frustration, from who I am suspecting to be Aurora, and several jumps on my legs.

"Yes, Aurora?" I growled, finally opening my eyes to see Aurora grinning sheepishly at while she sat on my shins.

"Play!!" she screamed holding up a toy truck in her right hand and a princess doll in her left. I went to say yes, only to remember her head.

"Does your head feel okay, sweet pea??" I replied, concerning filling my features.

She nodded her head enthusiastically. "Play!!"

"Okay, okay, hold on, little missy." I smiled, carefully lifting her off my legs and onto the floor and getting up, only to gasp in pain and sit back down on the couch.

 "Kylah!!!" I shouted, needing her assistance.

"What?! Is everybody ok-" she trailed off as she saw me hunched over, my face contorted in pain. "Camden!!!"

Cam came running in and saw me hunched over with his wife rubbing my back soothingly. Understanding washed over his face as he ran over to the bag with my clothes in it by the door and grabbed my bottle of pills and a water bottle. He set them down on the side table quickly before grabbing Aurora and the two bags of toys, rushing her up the stairs and to his and Kylah's bedroom.

 "Fuck me, this hurts!" I growled, clamping my teeth shut again so I wouldn't scream. Why did this have to happen now, of all times?!

"Take your pills, babe." Kylah murmured, still rubbing my back as she thrust first my two pills and then the bottle of water into my hands. As I took my hands off my stomach I let another groan as the pain intensified, and quickly swallowed my pills.

"Thank you, Hun." I mumbled, not being able to talk any louder.

"Lay down, I'll go get you a wash rag for your forehead." she replied, wiping my hair out of my face caringly as she helped me lie down.

"Thank you." I gasped, clamping my teeth shut again immediately as another set of pain overtook my body.

"Don't worry about it, sweetie." she said, getting up to go get the wash rag.

"Bear! No, me want Bear!!" I heard Aurora wail from all the way upstairs. Guilt washed over me so heavily, it faded the pain, though for only a minute, as I heard her start to wail and sob. All I wanted to do was go up there and hold her until she stopped crying, but I knew getting up will only make the pain worsen, so I stayed laying on the couch.

"Why now, Kylah? I was finally...I mean I was happy, laughing and playing with Aurora was amazing and this stupid fucking pain had to go and ruin it for me. I wish it would just leave! I didn't do anything wrong! Don't even say other people have it worse out there either because I know they do. That's why I help so much, maybe if I do enough God will spare me and take the pain back." I asked Kylah when she came back with the wet wash rag.

She smiled at me sadly, "I don't think anything will take away the pain."

"A girl can hope, right?" I mumbled, becoming drowsy as my medication kicked in.

"Take a nap, babes. Aurora will still be here when you wake up." she reassured, before walking upstairs to go check on a crying Aurora and a frustrated Cam. I waited until Aurora stopped wailing to finally let my eyes droop close. About 20 minutes or so later, in my unconscious mind, I felt somebody lie next to me, snuggling into my chest. I wrapped my arms around whoever it was and let my peaceful dreams take me away to a world where everything is possible.