Chapter 10- Cupcakes

Her Secret Father

Chapter 10- Cupcakes

Ever since Brayden came to my rescue two weeks ago, he has been calling me every night before we both went to bed. I had finally come to the conclusion that I really liked him yesterday when I kept smiling at nothing and my thoughts always drifted to his face while I was at work. I hadn't seen him since then but we were planning to hang out next weekend because he was busy today and tomorrow with his parents and siblings.

"Hello, are you there, Blair?!" Kylah screamed into the phone, her pregnancy hormones getting the best of her again.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm here, Hun." I sighed, I couldn't wait until Brayden's call tonight.

 "Who the hell has you all spacey, girl? Have you been keeping something from me?" Kylah demanded, her voice getting more stressed as she continued.

 "I have no clue what you are talking about, Ky." I replied, shuffling around my room, trying to find something to wear for the day.

 "You are the worst liar in the planet. It's Saturday night, for goodness sake. You are a beautiful 25 year old woman, Blair! Are you telling me you don't have any plans?" How many times do I have to tell her that I enjoy spending my time either by myself or at the preschool and not out on dates?!

"Ky, shut up! I am perfectly fine spending my Saturday at home! I may even stop in at the preschool I use to work at and help out." I grumbled, irritably.

 "How about you come over instead? I'm babysitting a friend of Camden's daughter and I could surely use your help with the state I'm in." she suggested, obviously not please with my previous plans. I sighed quietly, though on the inside I was happy I would get to babysit.

 "How old is she? What time would you want me to come over?" I asked, already looking forward to seeing this little girl.

 "She will be here in an hour, so at around two? Is that okay with you? That way she has an hour to get settled in and eat some lunch before you come over." I chuckled quietly, distantly hearing Camden shouting at his video game in the background.

 "I'll be there, babes. Do you need anything special?" I asked, my voiced sounding stressed as I attempted to hold my phone in between my shoulder and ear while I searched my closet for an outfit.

"Just bring your baby whisperer magic." she giggled, only she would say that.

"I'll see you in a couple of hours then. Love you!" I pulled my phone away from my ear and ended the call, but not before I heard Ky say she loves me too.

 Just as I hung up the phone, I found an outfit for the day. I pulled the dark gray and red flannel shirt off my hanger and walked over to my dresser to grab a dark gray tank top for underneath. I then grabbed a pair of dark ripped up jeans to wear and a matching set of red lacey underwear and bra. I swiped a small amount of mascara over my already dark eyelashes and then just enough eyeliner to make my chocolate brown eyes pop. I squeezed a bit of gel in the palm of my hand and carefully scrunched my hair into small curls before spraying it with a bit of hairspray. Looking over at the clock I realized I still had an hour before I had to leave to Kylah's house. I pulled on a pair of gray socks and swiftly ran down the hallway before sliding the rest of the way into the kitchen like I did when I was a child.

My stomach growled loudly, demanding my attention making me giggle softly before walking to the refrigerator. I pulled out a bag of grapes, blueberries, kiwi, and a mango to eat for lunch, knowing I would be eating plenty of junk food later with Kylah and the little girl I am babysitting. I grabbed two handfuls of grapes to put into my bowl with a handful of blueberries. I quickly peeled and cut up my mango and kiwi and set them in the bowl with the rest of the fruit. Grabbing a spoon from the drawer, I mixed my fruit up and plopped myself down at the table to munch happily on my food.