Chapter 6- Brothers

Her Secret Father

Chapter 6- Brothers

Brayden’s P.O.V.

I couldn’t believe my eyes as she bent to pick up my angel. The smile on my angel’s face was enough to bring one of my very few genuine smiles to the surface. Seeing my angel squeal and howl with laughter couldn’t have made me any happier than it did at that moment. My angel was happy; that alone had me in a rare cheerful mood.

Blair’s P.O.V.

It was only two days later that I began to miss Brayden again. Although I had never told Kylah that I was missing him, she still knew. She always knew. She had refused a honeymoon until her inborn baby was a month old, so someone else could take care of him/her while she and Cam were away in the Bahamas.

“Blair, are you there?!” I blinked my eyes back in focus, only to see a hand waving in front of my eyes. I looked over at Kylah that had an angry pout set on her face and sighed.

“I must have spaced out, again.” I mutter under my breath.

“Yeah, you must have.” she huffed in annoyance.

“What were you saying?” I asked, faking curiosity, while all I really wanted to do was curl up into a ball and let my exhaustion take over my weak limbs.

“Never mind, I will let you go to sleep. It’s obvious that you are exhausted. I have an ultrasound to go to anyway. See you later babes, love you.” she insisted, walking out of my living room and into the hallway leading to the front door.

“Have fun! Tell Dr. Peters I said hello! I love you too, hun!” I yelled to her, curling into a ball on my couch, too exhausted to get up and grab a blanked.

Since the wedding, the only thing in my dreams was Aurora. We were either dancing or coloring. Sometimes I was even tucking her into bed, reading her a bed time story or making up my own. There was always a man in the dream but I had yet to determine who he was. That was the only thing I hated about these dreams. I could never figure out who the man was that kissed me goodnight in my dreams, or the one who would come up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, while I was cooking dinner, and scare that crap out of me whispering, “You look beautiful.” It was so infuriating not being able to fathom who it was. It was as if I was missing something, something that should be so easy to figure out. I tried hard to discover the missing link, but just as I thought I had it, I was incased in a deep sleep; a sleep that I greatly appreciated and highly hated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~3 hours later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke with a gasp and a blinding pain in my stomach. It never gets easier, I thought, before falling off the couch with a groan of pain. Stumbling over to my small kitchen I instinctively reached for my special pain medication. I hurriedly grabbed the pill and swallowed it. I walked back over to the couch and sat down in a huff, carefully massaging my stomach, trying to ease the pain.

I was thinking about my latest dream when I was jolted back into reality by the ding of my phone. I cautiously bent over to retrieve my phone where it fell on the carpet.

“Hello?” I answered into the phone, my voice still husky with sleep.

“Hey Blair, it’s Brayden. Did I wake you?” Brayden’s voice flooded through the phone, filling my stomach with butterflies. I don’t understand how a man I just met could make my body react this way. I have never acted this way when a man was near me, let alone just talking to me.

“No, I've been up for a couple minutes now, though I should've been hours ago. I’m late for lunch with my brothers.” I grumbled, realizing that I was indeed an hour late for lunch with them.