Chapter 3- Who Does He Think He Is?!

Her Secret Father

Chapter 3-Who Does He Think He Is?!

"Come on, Blair! We have to meet Camden and Brayden at the diner across town in 5 minutes!" Kylah yelled from downstairs.

"I don't even know who Brayden is! Why do I even have to meet him?!" I screamed back. I don't want to meet this Brayden guy! He sounds like a player, and I don't need one of those in my life.

"You don't have a choice! He is Camden's best man and you are my maid of honor. Now that we got your dress we can finish everything for the wedding and Camden and I need both you and Brayden there, get over it!" Kylah retorted, angrily.

Sighing loudly, I grabbed my new green and blue plaid button up shirt that I got yesterday after work and swiftly pulled it on. Walking down the stairs I proceeded to button up my shirt only to slip on the last step and fall onto Kylah's heels.

"Why must you leave your shoes all over my house! I always end up falling on them! Holy shit that hurt! My poor little tummy!" I whined rubbing my tummy carefully.

"Oh, you are fine. Stop being a baby." Kylah replied rolling her eyes.

"At least I'm not having one." that's a lie. I wish I had kids, but I haven't found the right guy to give me them yet.

"You want one though." Kylah smirked. I hate how well she knows me.

"I am not having one. There is a difference, Hun." I rolled my eyes before slipping my cowboy boots, grabbing my keys and walking outside.

"Were not listening to country the whole way there." Kylah demanded as soon as I started my truck.

"It's my truck; I get to choose what music we listen to." I retorted.

"You are a bitch." Kylah sighed.

"You are a pregnant bitch." I said knowing I was probably going to get hit.

"I am going to hit you." Kylah angrily replied.

"Then do it." I shrugged.

"Just stop talking until we get there and you won't have to deal with an angry pregnant bitch." Kylah suggested tiredly.

"Whatever. So, what is Brayden like?" I questioned.

"What happened to not talking?!" Kylah screamed.

"I never agreed. Besides, I had a question." I simply replied.

"Fine," She sighed. "Brayden is originally from Alabama but moved up here to get better education and ended up liking it better; kind of like you. He still has his slight southern drawl but it comes out heavy on certain words. He has green eyes and black hair. He is really tall and sweet to the people he knows-"

I cut her off by saying, "What do you mean the people he knows?! Does that mean he is going to be a dick to me?"

"Depends on if he likes you or not." she didn't even care.

"I am officially done talking until we get there." I claimed.

"That is going to last another two minutes." she chuckled

Instead of replying, I simply shrugged my shoulders and continued intently staring out the windshield hoping the diner would pop up soon. I have a feeling today is going to be a good day. Only 4 minutes later we pulled into the small diner.

Jumping out of my truck I closed my door carefully and began to brag in Kylah's face. " I did it! I did it! What now?! Who went longer than two minutes without talking?! I did, I did!"