Chapter 13- Can't Catch A Break

Her Secret Father

Chapter 13- Can't Catch A Break

Blair's  P.O.V.

"Hey, Loverboy." I answered into the phone, a smile still on my face.

 "Hey, beautiful, how are you doing?" Brayden replied, his deep voice giving me goose bumps.

"I could be a hell of a lot better. What about you? Are you having fun with your family?" I sighed, pulling into my driveway.

"I'm doing pretty good, could be better but I'm not complaining. I'm having a blast down here, I never realized how much I missed my family, especially my sisters. I'm actually coming home in a couple of hours." his voice held so much excitement and happiness, it was almost too much to bear.

"Really? That's great. What are you doing after you get home?" my stomach was in knots as I waited for his answer. I wanted to see him so bad. Even in the short time we've known each other, he already knew just what to do to make me smile.

"Going out with a couple friends." he chuckled, laughing at something that I obviously didn't understand. "Shut up, Gracie! No, you can't. Just let it go, please." he yelled to someone on his side of the phone, probably forgetting I was still on the phone.

"If you want, I can let you go. You probably want to spend the most time you can with your family." I suggested, unlocking my door and walking into my dark house.

"No! I mean it's okay." he corrected, chuckling nervously on the line. "Gracie, I swear I will tickle you until you wet yourself if you don't shut up!"

I giggled quietly to myself, flipping on the lights in my living room and taking off my boots by the door. "Are you sure?"

"I am positive, baby girl." he promised, his voice completely sincere making my heart skip a beat. My face flamed at his pet name, though I couldn't help the new smile that had taken over my face, most likely making me look like an over happy goon.

"Okiedokie, Brayden. I don't mean to pry but, who is Gracie?" I questioned, I couldn't keep it in anymore, I wanted to know.

"My annoying baby sister. She's the oldest out of all my little sisters." he confided, putting emphasis on 'baby' and 'little'.

"I am not a baby, Brayden!" Who I am assuming is Gracie yelled at him angrily. The only response Gracie got was a low chuckle from Brayden, making a shiver go down my spine and goose bumps appear on my skin.

"I'm going to guess that she doesn't like being called a baby then?" I sarcastically guessed, rolling my eyes at his antics of annoying his sister.

"Not at all but it is so fun to mess with her. If you met her, her annoying, stubborn, bubbly, ridiculous attitude-" he was cut off by an enraged scream and the sound of the phone being ripped out of his hands.

"Hey, Blair, this is Gracie. I don't see what you like about him but you make him happy so don't stop whatever you are doing. Please disregard everything he said about me, I am amazing and he is just jealous." her voice was slightly ragged as she was most likely running away from Brayden. My cheeks turned scarlet from her words, though a satisfied smile claimed my lips. "Mom! Daddy! Brayden is trying to hurt me!"

I laughed out loud, knowing very well what those words can do, if my dad is any guide. "Honey, if Brayden is chasing you, fake trip and act like you are hurt. Trust me, it works every time." I reassured, laughing at the memories of me doing the same thing to Bradley and Berkley when I was younger.

Only seconds later I heard the distinct sound of someone falling. "Oh my gosh, Gracie are you okay?? Are you hurt? I'm so sorry!" Brayden's voice came over the phone, panic lacing every word. I giggled softly, knowing she had him completely tricked.