Bunker Mates Part 7: The Dream

Since your remaining friends had decided to stay another night, you didn't want to continue the 'thing' with Cas just yet. You wanted to wait until after everyone besides you, Cas, and the winchesters were gone, so you guys just chilled and watched Netflix. You'd been sneaking little kisses onto Castiel the whole time though. His cheek, his lips, his neck, and he'd be sneaking them right back. Sometimes you giggled a bit too loudly and Dean would shush you and you'd give him a playful arm punch and mouth 'oh shut up!' Which usually made you giggle even more. 

Whenever anyone went to get more beer or something, you'd turn to Cas and make out until Sam would clear his throat loudly signaling that they were ready to start the show back. You and the angel would blush, giving one more longing glance at each other, then turn the Netflix back on. You'd then snuggle into Cas's chest, and wrap a fuzzy blanket around the two of you for extra warmth your body heat couldn't produce. 

After watching a few more episodes, it was about 2 A.M. and no one could keep their eyes open any longer. You all decided to go to bed. You got snuggled into your bed with Cas and soon you were both sound asleep. 

Suddenly, a bright light shone and your eyes opened wide. You were in some sort of... cage..? From a corner of the cage, you saw a dark figure emerge. It was Lucifer. Quickly, you backed away but found yourself trapped in a corner.

 "Please leave me alone!!" You screamed as he got closer. Out of nowhere, Castiel jumped on top of Lucifer and tried to stab him with his angel blade. "Leave her alone!!!" Cas screamed as he re-aimed and tried stabbing his brother again. 

Somehow, Luci gained control and snatched the blade from the blue eyed angel. Without hesitation, the devil plunged the blade into Castiel causing a light to shine from deep within him. From his eyes, mouth, and nose, a bright white light, a pure light, poured from Cas. 

It was over. He was gone. 

You could see the outline of his beautiful black wings across the floor of the cage surrounding his limp body. Each minute they stayed, they became more and more fragile, flaking away at the slightest touch.

You tried to scream but you couldn't. No sound would come out. Everything faded to black as you saw Lucifer approach you slowly. 

With an extreme jolt and a sharp inhale, you shot up from your position in the bed. You wanted to scream. When you tried to, all that came out were sobs. You couldn't stop crying and you were shaking the bed so badly with each sob, that it soon woke the angel next to you. "(Y/n)..?" A sleepy Castiel murmured as he turned toward you. Seeing the tears streaming down your face, he sat up and wrapped his arms around you. "(Y/n) what's wrong?!" He asked, panicking. 

You tried to speak, but all that came out were more sobs. You collapsed into his embrace, feeling weak and powerless to the awful nightmare you'd just experienced. He rubbed your back as you cried into his shoulder. "It's alright just calm down and tell me what happened." He pressed a gentle kiss to your cheek. 

After calming down a bit, you told him. "I-i dreamed we were...in the cage.. and Lucifer was gonna kill me b-but then you..." you bit your lip trying to hold back more tears. "Then you tried to kill him...but he ended up killing you. I couldn't handle it. Your eyes those amazing eyes..they were dark and lifeless for the first time in..ever...you were limp...your wings crumbling underneath you... and I-" you swallowed the lump in your throat while the tears welled up in your eyes. "I couldn't take it..I need you Cas I can't lose you it killed me I couldn't handle it I can never...h-handle that.." you couldn't hold it back any longer. You sniffed and sunk back into him as more sobs spilled forth onto his trench coat. 

The angel whispered. "It's okay (y/n). I'm not going anywhere. Never" he continued rubbing your back and trying to calm you. "It's okay. I've got you I'm right here. I'm not gonna go anywhere." Cas's voice raised slightly upon squeaking out the last sentence. He was starting to choke up as well. He was afraid of death and though he'd never admit it, he always hated himself. Castiel blinked and sniffed holding back the tears. 

You suddenly felt warmer in his embrace. That's when you realized Castiel had wrapped his huge, raven black wings around the two of you protectively. "I'm gonna keep you safe (y/n). I'll always keep you safe. No matter what." 

Your sobbing finally ceased and by then you'd worn yourself out. Cas bundled you up even tighter and just watched over you for a while, sitting right there in that spot on your bed.