Thanksgiving and what we are thankful for

• Dedicated to In Loving Memory of Patrick Mac

Sorry this is a day late but since it was a holiday yesterday I couldn't really update. This is a Thanksgiving special... wheater or not the Harry Potter charaters actually celebrate Thanksgiving...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~The Great Hall, One Week Before Thanksgiving~

Harry put down his fork and knife and looked up at the Head Table. Proffesor Dumboldore had called for everyone to come down and eat dinner all at the same time.

"Harry why do you think Dumboldore had called us all together?" Ron asked Harry with a mouth full of food. "I don't know Ron." Harry answered back, turning his gase from the Teachers to his friends. "Nothing? You sure Dumboldore didn't let anything slip when you were at one of those private lessons with him?" Ron pressed on as he grabbed a drum stick and added it to his giant pile of food.

"Positive Ron. And the lesson's won't be secret anymore if you keep talking about them in public."

Ron blushed at his stupidness, something that had been happening alot lately. Just then Dumboldore stood up and the whole Great Hall quieted at once. "You are all probably wondering why I have called you all here. Well I have some news to share with you. This year we have decided to let you students go home for Thanksgiving. If you wish to leave please tell your head of house. Now pip pip."

"Thanksgiving? A holiday that is much to close to Christmas to want to go back to the Burrow. I'm staying." Ron said as he stood up to leave, but not without taking one last bite of the mashed potato's.

"Honesty Ron. Do you ever stop eating?!" Hermione asked as she litterlay had to drag Ron out of the Great Hall.

Harry watched his friends and wondered to himself when would those two finally realise that they are perfect for each other.

"Harry? Harry!"

Harry snapped out of his train of thought and watched as a hand waved in front of his face. "Yes?" Harry asked as he pushed down the hand. "I asked if you are going to stay for Thanksgiving." Hermione said a bit annoyed at having to repeat herself.

"No. I'm going to stay here."

Hermione nodded then contuined yelling at Ron about his eating habits, for he had snuck one of the ears of corn with him.

'Perfect for each other.' Harry thought as he surpressed a laugh.

~Thanksgiving, One Week Later~

Harry. Ron, and Hermione entered the Great Hall and Harry couldn't help but smile. In the four corners there were gigantic maple trees, one having red leaves, one had orange, one had yellow, and the last one had brown. Since a lot of people jumped at the opurtuinity to leave, only one table was set up. Even the teachers were sitting at the one table.

Hermione ushered Ron and Harry to the bench. Harry went to sit down next to Ron, leaving Ron to sit in the middle, but Hermione pulled him up and plopped him in the middle. Harry gave her a questioning look and Hermione just shook her head and pointed to Ron, then shook her head again.

Harry nodded back in understanding and then he felt something sumwhat sharp poke him in the back.

He turned around and standing behind him was a live turkey, and it had a silver platter sitting on its head. On the platter was another turkey.

A dead one this time.

Harry poked Hermione and she too spun around to see the turkey's. Hermione and Harry just stared at the turkey's and then the living turkey nudged Harry again he finally realised he was suppost to take the platter with the turkey's dead cuz.

Harry placed the turkey down on the table just as Dumboldore and the rest of the teachers came in. Dumboldore sat himself down right in front of Harry and co. While Snape went as far away from the three friends as possible.

After a few more minutes every student had entered Dumbolore stood up and said the two words that were magical to Ron's ears "Tuck in."

~After Dinner but Still in the Great Hall~

Dumboldore stood up again after the last of the food had been eaten, the last for everyone who wasn't Ron Weasley, and then spoke " Since Thansgiving is a time of thanks let us go around the table and say one thing we are thankful for. I will start. I am thankful for all my wonderful students. Now let us go counter-clockwise, due to the fact that clockwise is used to much."

Next it was Proffesor McGonagalls turn. "I am thankful for firewiskey, and the effects it has on Proffesor Snape." Everyone turned to the end of the table and saw that Snape was passed out under the table, all that was able to be seen was his shinny pink shoes.

Then it was Proffesore Sprouts turn "I am thankful for my plants."

The thankful ness went all the way around the table, and skipping a rather passed out Snape, and soon found its way to Ron.

"I am thankful for the House-Elfs and the beautiful food that they make." He said.

Then it was Hermione. "I am thankful for books and my two best friends." Hermione said as she wrapped her arms around Harry's neck then went to do the same with Ron, but he was eating. "Actually make that just books and my one best friend Harry." All the teachers laughed and so did a few of the remaining Gryffindor's, Hufflepuff's, and Ravenclaws who knew about Ron and Hermione.

"I am thankful for Hogwarts and my best friends." Harry said.

Then the thankful ness went on til it got to two third year Hufflepuff's girls. One was rather tall and one was rather short. Both of them stood up and called out at the same time "We are thankful of Muggle firecrakers and Slytheirn's to pull pranks on." Then the two girls ran out of the Great Hall.

Just then all the pie that were in front of the three Slytherin's all blew up, covering the three of them in a rainbow of pie filings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TADA! That is more or less a sneak peek (the ending) of a new book I am writing called the Dynamic Hufflepuff Dueo, they pull pranks on the Slytheirn's and Gryffindor's and it will be during Harry's years at Hogwarts but the Dueo is yonger... HOPE YOU LIKED IT! COMMENT AND I WILL LUV YOU FOREVER!!!