Part Two

Jason's P.O.V

"Jason! Dinner's ready!" I heard my mom call for me. I groan and look at my clock to see that it's six thirty.

I sit up from my bed and wipe my eyes to rid them of the sleep and slowly swing my legs over the edge of my bed. I throw on a random shirt I found laying on my floor after smelling it and deciding it was okay to eat in.

I ruffle my hair as I slowly make my way down the hall and down the stairs and into the kitchen where I'm greeted with the sight of two new faces. I instantly remember the baggy maroon sweatshirt and honey blond hair that was still in the same messy bun as earlier.

I squint my eyes but shake it off and get back to reality. "Jason, this is Michelle and her daughter Selena, Michelle and Selena this is my son Jason." She greets. I nod at them as I sit down between Jazzy and Selena.

"How are you?" My voice was hoarse from me just waking up. "I'm good, and you?" Michelle asked me. "Good." I nod and look over at Selena. "And you?" I ask her. "I-I'm okay." She whispers and I could instantly tell she was a shy person. I smirk lightly and nod before looking at Justin who seemed to be watching Selena as well.

I chuckle under my breath and thank my mom as she passed the salad bowl down to me. I take some and put it on my plate and a little on Jazzy's before passing it to Selena who took it with shaking hands. "You okay?" I asked as I grabbed some of the garlic bread and passed it to my mom.

"I-I'm o-okay." She says and slowly passes the bowl to Justin. "Thank you love." He smiles at her. She blushes bright red and he chuckled before placing some salad on his own plate and passing it over to Michelle.

"It looks great Pattie!" Michelle gushed at my moms pasta. "Thank you, hopefully it tastes how it looks!" She jokes. After everyone served themselves, we began to eat... Almost.

I was already chewing on my food when my mom cleared her throat. We look at her to see her holding her hand out to Jaxon and her other hand in Michelle's. Me, Jaxon, Jazmyn, and Justin give her strange looks.

"Let's say grace." She smiles at us and nods towards our hands. "What?" Justin asked. "Let's. Say. Grace." My mother said through gritted teeth and a forced smile. "Since when?" I scrunch my face up. She glared at me and I held my hands up in defense. "Okay okay," I muttered.

I grabbed Jazzy's hand and hesitantly looked over at Selena who was gazing down to her lap and playing with her fingers, I notice Justin already had a grip on her other hand and mentally scoffed to myself. "Aye, I don't do the whole holding hands thing, alright?" I tell her.

"U-uh o-okay." Her voice was so quiet and gentle that I kind of felt bad. Eh, I'll get over it.

I shrug and 'bow my head' while Michelle said grace. I peeked up to see Justin, Jaxon, and Jazmyn doing the same thing.

I almost laugh at the sight. We're some pretty fucked up kids. We don't even know what saying grace is. "Amen." My mom and Selena repeat at the end.

"Can we eat now?" Jaxon asks. My mom sighs and nods, granting us the permission to stuff our faces...

****

Selena's P.O.V

I play with my sleeves nervously as I watch everyone leave the table, leaving me with my mom and Ms. Pattie.

"So Selena, do you like school?" Ms. Pattie asks me. I shrug, "Um- it- It's okay I guess." I say. She smiles, "What's your favorite subject?" She asks. "I-I like English." I nod over to her. "I do too." She smiles.

She gets up and goes to clear the table when I stand up. "I-I can do it Ms. Pattie." I grab the plates from her and make my way into the kitchen. "It's okay dear! Me and your mom will handle it, why don't you go talk to Jason and Justin? In sure y'all will get along great!" She smiles assuringly at me and grabs the plates as my mom grabs the rest from the table and follows her to the sink.

I sighed quietly.

"The rooms are right upstairs sweetheart." Ms. Pattie calls after me. I hesitantly walk up the stairs slowly.

When I get upstairs, I stand at the end of the hallway looking down at it. I see six doors, three on each side, and a door directly across the other side of the hallway. I was standing there for about two minutes when a voice interrupts my thoughts, making me jump.

"Hi Selena! Remember me? I'm Jazzy!" The adorable little girl from earlier is now standing in front of me. I smile and nod.

"I-I remember, hello Jazzy." I greet her. She giggles at my words making me smile. "Wanna come in my room? We can play tea party and dress up!"

Before I could even answer she was pulling me into her room...

****

"Not like that!" Jazzy squeals and laughs loudly as I jokingly wrap the purple fluffy boa around my head.

I giggle at her and place it around my neck loosely. "Better?" I joke, she giggles and nods. "Are we ready to start the tea party now?" She asks me.

I shake my head and she pouts. I smile at her and reach into her little toy box and grab the plastic silver tiara that had pink 'diamonds' scattered around it and placed it on her head carefully.

"Now we're ready princess Jazzy." I smile. She beams up at me and reaches into the box only to pull out a similar tiara but with purple diamonds and places it on my head. "Okay princess Selena!" I laugh and watch as she pours the imaginary tea into the tiny princess cups we were using.

"Cookies?" She holds out the tiny plastic plate and I smile. "Are they chocolate chip?" I raise an eyebrow. She giggles and nods and I smile and take a 'cookie' and pretend to eat it.

"Mmm that was good! Did you make it yourself?" I play along with the little girl in front of me. She smiles and nods. "Uh huh! It's a secret recipe!" She says. "Oh yeah? It tastes delicious." I smile.

"Aye Jason! I'm going down to the corner store, want anything?" I hear Justin's voice call outside the door. "Uh, a coke and sour patch!" Jason's voice called back. The door to Jazzy's room opened and Justin's face is right there. I instantly look down to my lap.

"Hey Jaz, I'm going to the store you want anything baby?" His voice is soft and sweet when he talks to his little sister.

"Uhhh the kissy candies!" She smiles. He laughs and it's like a melody to my ears. "Hershey kisses, jazzy." He chuckled. She just shrug and went back to playing tea party.

"Selena? You want anything sweetheart?" The nickname makes me blush instantly and shake my head. "Um- n-no thank y-you I'm f-fine." I say quietly. "Come on, it's on me." He pressured.

I shake my head again and I hear him sigh. "Okay then, I guess I'll just have to pick something out for you. Me and jaxon will be back in a couple." He winks and walks out the room.

My face was on fire! I sigh and shake my head, going back to playing with Jazzy...

------------