Part Twelve

Selena's P.O.V

"So what's the story between Justin and that girl?" I ask Jason quietly as he put up all of the stuff and put it where it belonged.

He chuckled lightly and dusted off the work table and swept all of the wood shavings into a trash can with his hand.

"I don't think that's my place to tell you about," he says. I sigh and rest my chin on my hand that was leaning against the table.

He glanced up at me.

"But I can tell you that you really do deserve better than him. I'm not saying give him up or anything even though it may help, but I'm saying... let him choose. He clearly chose Sofia when he kissed her right in front of you when he knew you guys were becoming a thing and developing feelings. Don't be a fool Selena, because I know you're way smarter than this."

Letting his words sink in, I realize that he's right.

"When did you become so wise?" I raise an eyebrow up at him teasingly.

He laughed and his eyes met mine.

"I've had a lot of experiences."

Right when I was gonna ask him what he meant by that, the door to the garage opens and a small figure pokes its head through.

"Jason.. mama said come say goodbye to company." Jazzy says timidly before shutting the door quickly behind her.

Jason sighs and wipes his hands off on his jeans before looking back up at me.

"Shall we go say goodbye to the home wrecker together?" I laughed quietly although I was confused as to why he would label her as a home wrecker.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask as we both make our way up the steps to the door.

He shakes his head as he reaches past me to open the door and holds it open for me to walk though first.

I thank him and wait for his answer.

"Don't worry about it, that's just another long experience."

************

After I had forced a smile and myself to say goodbye to the girl that stole my kiss, I watched discretely as Sofia stayed behind for a minute with Justin on the front porch.

I see them talking and see her grab his hands before he rubbed his thumbs along her knuckles and stared deeply into her eyes.

I can't help but stand there frozen and in shock as I see him lean in closer to her face and watch as their lips meet once again.

I watched them for about five seconds before Jason cleared his throat from behind me.

"What did I just tell you earlier Selena? Damn." He mumbled as he goes over to his PlayStation and turns it on.

I stare down at my feet, ashamed that I was so weak when it came to those two.

"I- I'm sorry. I know you told me to-" he cuts me off.

"Don't apologize to me, just show him you're just fine without him in your life." He says as he sits down on the couch.

I look up right at the sound of the doorknob to the front door turning.

My breathing hitches in my throat and I watch silently as Justin makes his way inside, a look I couldn't read on his face.

His eyes meet mine and I see something along the lines of guilt, regret, hurt, and confusion.

"Selena I-"

He's cut off by Jason.

"Hey Selena you wanna watch a movie?" His eyes meet mine and he discretely shifts his eyes from me to Justin. I catch his drift and nod silently.

"Sure," I mumble before taking a seat on the couch.

From the corner of my eye, I see Justin glare at Jason before he says he has to go take a shower and exits the room.

Just then, Jazzy and Jaxon came running in, already in their pajamas.

"Aren't y'all supposed to be asleep?" Jason raises his eyebrows at them.

They smile and shake their heads. "Mom said we can stay up with you and Selena!" Jaxon smirks before running over to me and lifting his arms up. I laugh and pick him up before setting him in my lap.

"Let's watch transformers!" Jaxon cheers. Jason looks at me to see if I'm okay with it and I smile lightly and nod my head.

He nods before putting the movie in the PlayStation.

I watch Jazzy stand by the door silently with her eyes watching her own feet.

When Jason walks back to the couch and throws himself down on it, he looks over at me with a confused look.

I glance at Jazzy and he turns his head towards her before he looks back at me.

We stare at each other for a while before I glance back over at him and clench my jaw slightly.

He sighed quietly before turning his attention back to the little girl in the door way.

"Jaz," Jason clears his throat. Jazzy's eyes snap up to meet the voice that called her name and her eyes meet her big brothers.

"Come here," he mumbles and nodded to himself.

She slowly shuffles her feet over to him before she is finally standing right in front of his laying down figure.

"You wanna watch transformers with us?"

Her eyes move around the room before landing on me and Jaxon. I nod lightly at her and she looks back at Jason.

"Y-yes," she plays with her fingers nervously.

Jason furrowed his eyebrows at her action.

"Aye, stop doing that. There's nothing to be scared of." He says before pulling her fingers apart from each other.

"Sit down right there." He nods to the end of his couch and her eyes light up lightly before she scrambles for the spot by his feet.

As the movie played I had looked over and couldn't stop the small smile from growing when I see Jason kick some of his blanket towards her when he notices that she's cold.

It wasn't a lot, but at least Jason was slowly making progress.