Part Sixteen

[not edited]

Flashback:

Selena's P.O.V

"And then he ended up letting me keep one of his hoodies," one of my best friends, Courtney, smiled lightly as she talked about her older brother leaving for college soon.

"Must be nice. My brothers hate me." My other best friend, Theresa says from beside her.

We both laugh at the serious look on her face.

Just then we heard the bell ring indicating that school was out for the day.

As the hallways flooded with immature students rushing to go home or go see their friends, my attention turns back to my friends.

"You need a ride home?" Courtney asks me as Theresa pulls her earbuds out of her phone and wraps them up to place in the pocket of her backpack.

"No thanks," I smile at her. "I have to go get my research paper for my project from Mrs. Waters anyways. I'll text you guys tonight though." I offer.

"Alrighty then, talk to you later Sel." She gives me one last look before grabbing Theresa's sleeve and dragging her out the school.

I smile lightly before making my way to my chemistry class.

After grabbing my papers from my teacher, I skim through them before placing them in the section I would need in my chemistry book and walking towards the exit of the school.

"I've been looking for you baby girl," I hear a voice behind me say right as I walked out the classroom.

I turn around to see Jason walking towards me, his hands stuffed in his pockets. I smile at the sight of him and he gives me a sly smile in return.

"So..." he trials off as he rocks on the balls of his feet when we stop to face each other in he middle of the hallway.

"So..?" I mimic him.

He chuckled through his nose lightly before his eyes meet mine again.

"Can I pick you up around six?" He seems to take a while before he asks the question.

I bite my lip before nodding slowly. "Yeah, but I have to be home before nine. It's a school night." I add the last part in quickly when he gives me a funny look.

"How about nine thirty?" He asks.

He watches me as I think about it before biting my lip lightly and nod slowly.

"Yeah, I can ask my mom." I mumble.

The smile on his face causes a smile to appear on mine.

"Okay.. I'll pick you up then." He smirks at me as I blush and look down at my feet.

I hear him chuckle quietly before he speaks up.

"You need a ride home?" He asks.

I shake my head.

"No thank you, Courtney's my ride. Thanks anyway though." I give him a nice smile.

"Alright... see you at six baby girl." He winks before making his way out of the school.

************

"Maybe we should go to a different game," I laugh as Jason leads me to a huge basketball goal with a small crowd of people watching others take on the challenge of getting twelve baskets in twenty seconds.

Seems kind of unfair if you ask me.

"Are you doubting me baby girl?" He looks back at me in fake hurt as I blush at the nickname and watch as his playful smirk grows wider.