Sway (Bic Runga)

Bea's POV

We were at the dorm. Maddie asked me to stay while she does her Econ paper.

"I wish everything is as practical as the Law of Supply and Demand." That got me. What is she thinking now?

"What do you mean?" I asked while scooting closer to her. "Hmm you smell nice."

"Bei, nakikiliti ako, ano ba." She's so cute when she's laughing like this. This is what I really like about her. Her innocence. Pero 'wag kayo, kapag dinalaw 'yan ng mood swing, hala kayo. Peace out, Mads.

"Pero what do you mean about what you said earlier? About the Law of Supply and Demand?" I prompted her. I like hearing her thoughts.

"You know, kapag gusto mo isang bagay may corresponding attainment. Kapag sobra 'yung passion mo to get that thing, mas mahalaga, mas malaki 'yung willing kang i-give up. And the thing is, in the end you'd still get it. Collateral mo 'yung hard efforts." She said while playing with my hair.

"Mads, it has always been like that naman ah." I told her my hand intertwined with hers.

"No. Hindi, eh. Minsan kahit gaano mo kagusto 'yung isang bagay. Kahit gaano ka-willing i-give up ang maraming bagay for the cost of it, you still wouldn't get it." She stopped playing with my hair. I looked at her and was surprised to find her eyes looking hard on me.

"Hey, is there something wrong?" I tried to reach for her face but she flinched away.

She caught my hand and trapped it within hers.

"Bei, bakit minsan you felt so distant? Bakit minsan, no, most of the time, pakiramdam ko, I don't get you."

Is she crying? Oh no, Mads, don't cry.

I got up and embraced her.

"Is it because of earlier? I told you I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to leave you out like that." She moved away from my embrace and stared up at me.