pink skies (LANY)

_feliciacui 'Mali ka

_feliciacui 'Mali ka. Hindi kita nakasalubong upang sa dulo ng kalsada, ako ay liliko sa kanan at ikaw sa kaliwa.' Quoting your messy mush from high school, @_beadel

_beadel get you under pink skies, I know exactly where we should go

PS. Welcome back to the Philippines, @_feliciacui! 

-------------------

MEMORY LANE. #17

They were high school. It was all about writing plays and piecing collages together.

She was the director and the writer of a play while she played the beautiful heroine. 

Bea was an arrogant mentor, a meticulous, angry director.

Fel was tired and exhausted. She couldn't get any of the lines right. 

The director got so frustrated she made her stay behind. 

Fel couldn't get more annoyed. She just wanted to rest and probably watch Gossip Girl while she's on her way to a rewarding slumber. 

Bea was the student council president and she has far more important things to do. But she needs a stellar grade for this project. She can't afford a bad actress.

"Pagod na ako."

"You haven't done anything right." She didn't even bother to look at her. The actress needs a scolding. 

"Well, baka kasi sobrang taas ng standards mo." She wanted to sound bored.

"Don't make this my fault. Ikaw d'yan ang underperforming." 

"You're rude. I can't believe I voted for you." Of course she'd choose her should the student elections happen again. She loved the director's smile. Fel may not admit it out loud, but she's long been harboring this secret crush over the diplomatic director slash student council president.

She's rather fond of overachievers.

I'll let you in a little secret: She has paintings of Bea in her studio back at home.

"Too late for regrets."

"What's your deal, Bea de Leon?"

"Excuse me?"

"You treat everyone as if they're below you. You're so condescending most of the time."

"In case you haven't noticed, people actually like me. They go to lunch with me. They even volunteer to work with me. Maybe what you actually meant was why am I not friendly with the likes of you." Exactly, Fel wanted to tell her and while they're still at it, ask her as well if she could, at least for once, join Bea for lunch. She'd love that. She'd do anything for that.

"Likes of me? Pray tell, what am I like?" Fel was threading through dangerous tides. She doesn't want to sound too eager. 

Bea just looked and watched her hotly. Fel almost melted on the spot, she felt bare under the director's gaze. "I must tell Jia ASAP" she told herself almost too excitedly.

Abruptly, Bea averted her gaze and decided to scan the script once more."I just wanted everyone to do better, Miss Cui." 

"You can call me Fel."

"I'd rather not." 

"Why not?" 

Bea heaved a heavy sigh. She's getting way too casual with the actress she hardly had any prior encounters with (well except those two incidences wherein Fel had to be called by the student tribunal because she was reported to be stealing from the faculty pantry. In Fel's defense, she was just trying to feed the stray dogs outside the school. What's so wrong with that? 

The other incidence was because she was caught vandalizing school properties with images of Filipino heroines in August in "her own commemoration" of 'National Heroes Day'

Bea had to miss a lot of meetings to have the vandals removed).

"Let's go back to work."  Bea waved the script in front of her. "Page 394."

"Are you serious?" Fel started laughing. In return, Bea gave out a slight smile and was too quick to have it hidden behind an open book in front of her face. 

"Miss Cui, can we start now? Please." Bea said fighting the urge to cast a wide smile.

"Hmm. As you wish, Professor Snape." Fel's elation has yet to die down. 

Before she knew it, Bea was giving in to another secret smile that Fel was too quick to catch.

-------------------

*photos grabbed from Bea's and Fel's individual IG accounts