Track 35: Unti-Unti by Up Dharma Down

🌙

🌙

B E A T R I Z

It was 10 in the evening. I was drowning from the intoxicating mix of coffee, booze, and relentless responsibilities. I'm beat to the end. 

It's been months since I've started working on the planning for the ball. It doesn't really help that Maddie has been really busy doing something else these days. This is something we used to do together. Wala sa usapan na kapag bumalik ang ex, e, mang-iiwan na. 

I decided to take a bit of a sanity break so I dialed for Jia. 

Yes, we're friends again, since the New York thing. 

"What's up, Bea? Late na, ah. May nangyari ba?"

"Wala naman." I plopped down on the massive couch by the window. "I'm just getting tired of the preparation thing for the ball."

"Wala ka makausap?"

"Parang gano'n."

I heard a shifting of chairs in the background, and some clinking utensils and glass. "Did you just finish eating? It's late!"

"Ate Ella made apple pie. Kakatapos lang namin kumain." 

"Oh, you're at the dorms? I thought sa bahay ka mag-sstay until..." I heaved a sigh, more for resolve than a pause. "You know..."

"Until we find Fel?"

I didn't answer.

"I'm home naman. Dinaan lang nina Ate Ella 'yung pie. They're on their way to Nic's yata."

"Nicole's?"

"Hindi ka invited? Maddie's the designated driver." I was held silent by that. Things hadn't really been the same with all of us. My friends have long felt like another elements of another time to me; timeless and estranged. 

"You should start dating again, Bea."

"And what? Ruin her life, too?"

"You have so much love to give."

"So much that it suffocates."

"I liked the love you gave."

"You didn't like it enough to stay."

Player of the GameOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara