Do I Wanna Know (Arctic Monkeys)

Jhoana.

"More drink, ma'am?" The bartender offered. I nodded and thought internally how many strawberry sriracha I had already.

As usual, after sometime, I lost count.

We're now at Astoria. Paano nga ba ako nakarating dito? Last I remember, I had a heated argument with the host of the party and I was too prideful to welcome her invitation. Hmmm...

"Hey, buddy, pang-ilan mo na 'yan? Lakas mo pala e." It's my roommate, Ria. She's with some petite girl. I can't see quite clearly kung sino, ang bilis n'yang nawala sa tabi namin.

"Nasa'n chic mo? Iniwan ka na yata." I smirked at Ria as I took another swing at my newly-arrived margarita.

"Naah. She just went to the bathroom. She'll be back." Umupo s'ya sa tabi ko and got herself an El diablo. Blackberries and sage, not a bad choice, roommie. I took a mental note na oorder din ako no'n pagkatapos ko maubos 'tong hawak ko.

"So... Bea has outdone herself with this party. Look at all these people." I looked around see an overly elated crowd. True enough, she did a pretty good job in transforming this swimming pool area into an open-field party. Mini-bars lined the place like Christmas carolers and there's the overflowing Mediterranean food. God, the moment I walked in I grabbed a plateful of the chicken quiche. It was so good. Damn it. I noticed some apple walnut turkey panini- like the ones Riri had given me- on our way to our table, kukuha na sana ako kung hindi ko lang naalala na may kahihiyan pa rin naman ako.

"I heard from Tita Det that she and Maddie had been busy the whole month preparing for this." Riri continued. Maddie and her magic. Tch. "They look together, no?"

Bumalik na naman sa akin ang eksena kanina.

The masters of the ceremony in the name of some Paul was asking the guest to settle down. We just arrived then and people has started swarming around the 3-level round platform. It was supported by small Greek posts laced with intricate vines of gold and silver.

It was a beautiful view a fact that became apparent when the daughter of the house was called up there. She was wearing the same clothes from before but she never look less stunning as she delivers a speech for her mom.

Soon her mom went to the stage with her and they were joined by her dad, older brother and, well, Maddie. Sooner, after much time for picture taking, another of Bea's prepared surprises was presented. It was the painting by Loren Entz that she got from the auction.

Humanga ang marami nang makita ang award-winning na painting. You can see it with the way their heads bobbed up and down as discussions became louder and wider.

Daming cultured. Ibang klase.

"May taste ka naman pala sa art." Naglalakad kami nina Ate Ella and Ju papunta sa kinatatayuan ng iba naming teammates.

"Hindi naman ako pumili n'yan." I acted nonchalant about it. Totoo naman. Ano lang ba'ng ginawa ko do'n, umupo lang naman ako sa tabi ni Bea the whole time.

"Tita Det loved it. All thanks to you, Beh. Deny it all you want pero you helped Bea. Ano'ng alam n'yan sa art?" Jia added. Maraming alam 'yan sa art si Bea. Daming kaartehan n'yan pwede nang magbukas ng sarili n'yang exhibit. "We should go over and greet."

WTH, Julia? Ano'ng pinagsasasabi nito? "Bakit kasama ako? Ikaw na lang. Ikaw ang ex-girlfriend, eh." Ju blushed upon hearing it. I guess some things don't change.

"Ang bitter mo naman, Jhowjhow." Natatawang remark ni Donya Ella.

"Hindi ako bitter. Ang sinasabi ko lang, sino ba naman ako para bumati eh hindi naman ako kilala ng mom ni Bea. Kung magpakilala man ako, ano namang importansya no'n?" I answered back.