When He Asks You Out (Tails, Knuckles, Mighty, Espio)

---Tails---
This two-tailed fox wasn't very good at dating. In fact, he has never been in a real relationship. When the young genius needed advice to ask you out, he made the poor choice of asking his adoptive older brother, Sonic. Only problem was, he wanted to keep his current friendship with you a secret, but he wasn't very good at hiding things from his best friend.
​​​​​
"So, why do you want dating advice?" Sonic asked with a smirk.

"Uh, I-I'm just curious," the fox lied.

"C'mon little bud, who is she?" the hedgehog questioned as he nudged his little brother.

If the young genius had learned anything from the fastest thing alive, it was that reverse psychology was one of Sonic's weaknesses. "Maybe you can't teach me; I'll just have to go ask Knuckles. After all, the guy must be amazing with the women," Tails stated as he began walking away.

"No Way!!" the teenager retorted as he pulled his sidekick back. "I'll teach you everything you want to know; no questions asked."

After his little lesson in love, Tails flew off to find you in the forest. You were feeding some birds when your male friend arrived. You weren't expecting him to be wearing a pair of sunglasses in the middle of the night, though.

"Hey there, cutie," the fox welcomed as he brushed his hair back with his fingers.

"Um, Tails?" You asked as you approached your friend. "Were you bit by that snake yesterday? You're acting very strange."

"D-don't you think it's cool?" the genius asked as he pulled off the dark shades.

"You're a child genius who fights robots and saves the world!!" you exclaimed. "You're already cool!! Who would tell you to try to be cooler?"

"Someone who stinks at dating advice," Tails muttered.

"Dating advice?"

The young fox paused in shock before scratching the top of his head while stuttering, "uh...y-yeah, I wanted t-to ask you o-out on a d..d...,"

"On a date?" you finished.

"You don't h-have to if y-you..." the two-tailed male began, but you interrupted with a tight hug.

"I would love to!!" you answered.

---Knuckles--- The research became boring, and you would find yourself reading or exploring the island. Today, you were taking a nap in the lush grove on Angel Island. There was cool shade, a relaxing breeze, and a far distance from the echidna. He had been acting peculiar lately,and he seemed to be getting more and more competitive each day. Maybe it was a side effect to being around the Master Emerald.

You pulled out your favorite book from your bag, and you immersed yourself in the epic tale of heroism and action. You read page after page until a certain guardian came pounding through the forest.

"Yo, (Y/N)," Knuckles called from below. You began climbing higher up the tree.

"What is it red-head?" you asked annoyed.

"You still owe me twenty bucks for the last bet!!"

"I beat you in sharpshooting fair and square," you rebuttled.

"You pushed my off aim," Knuckles argued. "Besides, we didn't use a gun. We used a slingshot."

"I still won, so leave me to read, please."