When You Introduce Them to Your Fandom (Espio & Antoine)

Espio - TMNT

If there was one thing you loved more than stealing from Charmy's secret candy stash it was watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. You loved them ever since you were a kid. The action, adventure, humor, and all-around fun was what really pulled you into the fandom. You had seen almost every show that was ever aired, including the very old show. You would also sneak into the theaters just to watch the TMNT movies that came out for the fans. You still had a pair a nunchucks that resembled Michelangelo's. When you were younger, you wanted to fight crime just like they did, but life forced you to follow a different career path.

You never allowed any of your old gang members to find out about your favorite show. Even though you would hopefully never see them again, you still kept your obsession secret to your current friends. You didn't let any of the Chaotics know about your secret fandom. It wasn't in fear of ridicule or embarrassment; you were simply scared of Espio's reaction. You didn't want your ninja boyfriend to be aware of your favorite ninja brothers. It simply didn't sound like a good idea. So, you kept your nunchucks tucked away in your dresser and only watched the shows when you were completely alone.

Sadly, when it comes to Charmy, you couldn't hide anything from that pesky little bee. After stealing four candy bars from this secret stash, the young boy was plotting to get revenge. While you were out on a date with your chameleon boyfriend and Vector was asleep, the child entered your room. You floated around your room for anything he could steal for his own amusement, preferably food. He looked under your bed, in your closet, everywhere he could think of. Finally, he reached your dresser. He pulled out all your tops, pants, and dedicates without a second thought. Under every single article of clothing, Charmy found something amazing in his eyes.

When you arrived home, you had to chase the bee boy around the entire building in a futile attempt to snatch back your TMNT nunchucks. The kid was floating around in the air, hovering in circles just out of reach. You had to hold yourself back from starting the ceiling fan. You tried jumping on the couch, grabbing a broom, anything and everything that could help you grab the annoying brat. Charmy only laughed at your sad failures and continued to toss the weapon around like the toy it was.

Finally, Espio had enough of standing by the sidelines. Your boyfriend turned himself invisible and was able to sneak up on the flying insect. As the child continued to laugh at you without guilt, he felt the nunchucks pulled from his grasp. He screamed in anger that his toy was taken from him. The chameleon reappeared beside you, holding your prized possession in hand. You gave him a genuine smile as you held your hands out, begging for your belonging. However, Espio began to inspect the nunchucks in his hands. He obviously knew they were a toy the second he grabbed them. You reached for your weapon, but once again you were empty-handed.

Espio looked at the bottom of the combined sticks and found the toy company trademark. At this, your boyfriend gave you a small smirk. "You, of all people, enjoy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?" the chameleon asked. You could hear Charmy laughing at you above.

You only crossed your arms in defiance, "So what if I do?"

Espio only placed the nunchucks in your hands, making you very confused. You were suddenly pulled closer to the purple male. "Maybe we should watch it together sometime. Then, I can show you what a real ninja is capable of."

Antoine - Anime (I'm not aware of much anime, so I decided not to state a specific show.)

You would usually spend your free time drawing, painting, or sculpting your newest piece of art. However, you would sometime resort to your own kind of research. This involved either digging your nose into a famous artist's past or more commonly watching anime. Now, allow me to explain why. Anime is an art. The creative style it is delivered, the unique writing and story-telling, the characters and their one of a kind lives, everything was created with planning and care. Just like any piece of art, it demanded for attention, and you made sure it was seen. You never told anyone of your obsession with anime, mainly because you were afraid of what your fans, friends, and boyfriend would think.

Whenever you had the spare time and Antoine was on a mission, you would usually watch some anime to pass the time. You would either begin a whole new series or simply re-watch an old favorite. You would even practice drawing some of your favorite characters in a secret journal under your bed. However, you would carelessly leave this journal out in plain sight sometimes. Usually, you would be able to hide it before it was seen by anyone, but today you weren't so lucky.

You were sitting on the couch, illustrating one of your favorite anime heroes against their arch-enemy. The picture was almost complete; all it needed was to be inked and colored. Just as you were grabbed your black pen, you heard a knock at the door. You were almost certain that it was a delivery boy, probably dropping off a box you forgot you ordered. You simply laid your journal on the couch, planning on returning to your work in a few seconds. When you opened the front door, you were shocked and surprised to see a familiar, French coyote standing outside.

"Hello, mon cheri," Antoine stated with a sparkling smile on his face. "What is my beautiful flower doing today?"

"O-oh, umm..." you stuttered, hoping you could hide the journal without drawing attention. You took a few steps back, allowing your boyfriend to enter. "J-just relaxing and such."

You hastily began to make your way to the couch. However, Antoine was closer and immediately noticed the outlandish notebook. Just as your fingers were about to grasp the journal, the swordsman swiped your drawing out of your reach. He instantly began to peruse the images inside, his eyebrows shooting up in surprise. You simply stood beside him, your cheeks turning a bright shade of red. You rubbed the back of your neck in embarrassment.

"Zis is from an anime, no?" Antoine asked, his eyes leaving the pages to look up into yours.

"I-I'm just studying a new art style, that's all," your lied, hoping your stutter wasn't a dead giveaway.

"My darling, there is nothing wrong with liking zis. There is nothing to be ashamed of," the coyote stated, holding the journal out for you to grab.

You immediately hugged your boyfriend in a tight embrace. "You are the greatest!! Do you want to watch some anime with me?" you asked, hopping up in down like a small child on Christmas Day.

Antoine was hesitant at the beginning before nodding his head in agreement. "I simply cannot say no to you, my dear."

The two of you spent the rest of the day not just enjoying each others company, but also watching one anime after another. Your boyfriend seemed to enjoy it, although he would ask frequent questions when things got a little too confusing for him.