A Day with Infant (Y/N) (Sonic, Shadow, Silver)

--Sonic--

The blue hedgehog rested on a small couch with his right ankle laying on the coffee table in front of him. A bag of cold ice cubes chilled his skin, numbing the throbbing pain. However, Sonic wasn't focused on his small injury, nor was he relaxing on the couch. Instead, the hero of Mobius was lifting a small infant into the air, flying her around as if she was a mini superman. The little child giggled and cooed in the air as she looked down at the spiky teen.

(Y/N)'s mother paced left and right in the kitchen, biting her fingernails as she quietly conversed on the phone. Her husband watched her from the dining room table with curious and concerned eyes. Every now and then his eyes would drift over to his daughter, but he would always find her in good hands, literally. So, he would focus back on his wife and listen in on her argument.

"It's so last minute. Are you sure there's no one else able to get to the hospital in time?" the woman asked, running her fingers through her hair. "It's a four-hour trip." She listened quietly to the person on the other end for a minute or so before releasing a sigh of defeat. "Yes, I understand. I'm on my way."

The woman ended her call with a small beep. Her husband gave her a quizzical look before asking, "What's wrong, honey?"

"They need a surgeon capable of performing an emergency septal myotomy, and I'm the only doctor in the area that can. I'm supposed to get there as soon as I can."

"I'll drive you," her husband stated. "You will be too tired too for the surgery if you drive that long."

"What about (Y/N)?" the wife asked in a whispered voice. The parents' turned towards their infant daughter. At the moment, she was playing peek-a-boo on the couch with Sonic, giggling every time he moved his gloved hands away from his face. Both adults looked back to each other with the same plan in mind.

"Sonic?" the father asked.

"What's up?" the hedgehog replied, never ceasing his game with the baby.

"Can you watch (Y/N) for the day? (Mom's name) was called into work just now, and--"

"--Sure thing!" Sonic interrupted with a smile. "I owe you guys big time for your hospitality and kindness. It's the least I can do for you guys."

(Y/N)'s mother hugged the blue mobian from behind. "Thank you so much! I'll write our cell phone numbers on the fridge and put everything you need on the counter."

The parents set up everything the hedgehog would need. Jars of baby food lined the counter along with stuffed animals, teething toys, a list of favorite songs and T.V. shows, and a small schedule. (Dad's name) lifted his little baby girl into his arms, giving her multiple kisses on the side of her head. He handed the baby to his wife, who brushed her child's hair with her fingers and place a loving kiss on her forehead.

She handed her baby back to her babysitter before grabbing her handbag and walking to the door with her husband in tow. "Her crib is upstairs in our bedroom, and you can help yourself to the fridge. Thanks again, Sonic."

"No problem! Have fun at work."

"Oh, we'll try," (Y/N)'s father replied before leaving the house with his wife. Sonic could hear a car pulling out of the garage and fading away.

"Alright," Sonic began while clapping his hands together, "how hard can babysitting be? Right, (Y/N)?"

The infant child looked at the hedgehog with wide eyes while sucking on her chubby little thumb. "Exactly what I was thinking," Sonic answered himself.