First Kiss (Espio & Antoine)

I'm back!!! Finally, summer is here!! I have a pretty hectic schedule for the offseason. I'll be doing some traveling and a bit of extra learning, but I should be able to begin writing again. I have also begun writing a few other stories in my spare time, so stay tuned. Otherwise, that's all I need to say for now. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!

-Espio-

"So, what am I going to be learning today?" You asked dully. You sat on the Chaotix Couch, eating a small bag of potato chips. "Education in Etiquette? Patience 101? Civil Duty Class?"

A small bee snickered overhead. "You said 'duty.'" Charmy broke out in laughter, hardly able to keep himself in the air.

"Today, I'm teaching you basic defense," Espio answered, ignoring the child.

"Say what?" your jaw dropped. Your eyes illuminated with excitement. "I'm going to learn to punch and kick properly!! Oh 'tis' a joyous day indeed!!" You jumped off the couch in happiness, spilling your remaining chips all over the cushions. You looked up at the bee with a sickening smile. "Better watch yourself, kid."

"I didn't say that," your boyfriend responded. "I said defense. You will learn to detect and then avoid. That's all."

"Oh, C'mon!" you argued. You crossed your arms in defiance and added a small pout to your lips.

The bee only began to laugh again. He kicked in the air during his fit of humor, finding pleasure in your empty threat. Once he had his laugh, he flew down and sat on your shoulders. He began to play with your hair, simply trying to be cute...and slightly annoying. "You're never going to get rid of me, (Y/N)."

"Yeah, yeah," you replied. You rolled your eyes. "Why don't you go pester Vector for a while? He's napping in the interrogation room."

"Okie Dokie!" the bee answered before lifting off and heading for the green crocodile. You heard a thick door squeak open and slam shut near the back of the establishment.

You cracked your knuckles, trying to look cool. "Alright, let's get to work."

Espio led the way as you traverse through the building and into a small training room. There was nothing much to see besides a punching bag and a few ninja stars stuck in the wall.

"Alright, once you learn to detect, it will be much easier to avoid an incoming attack," your boyfriend began. He slowly closed his eyes in concentration. After releasing a smooth exhale, the chameleon disappeared from sight. You could hear his soft footsteps track around you. "Simply listen, (Y/N). Feel your enemies motive before they strike."

You prepared to dodge, slipping into a defensive stance. Espio's footsteps ceased, but you knew he was waiting for you to pounce early. You didn't move and instead focused on your boyfriend's actions. He only stood behind you, waiting. Suddenly, you heard his footsteps run in your direction. You reacted quickly, performing a small roll to your left. Espio reappeared; if you hadn't moved, he would've delivered a harsh chop to your neck.

"I'm impressed," Espio stated, meeting your eyes with crossed arms.

You slowly sauntered towards your boyfriend. "Well, what were you expecting? I was a master thief, after all."

"Yes, and if I recall correctly, I took you down in under five minutes," your boyfriend argued.

You continued to move forward until your faces were mere inches away. "And if I recall correctly, I was walking all over you before that." You slowly snaked your arms around his neck. "You just don't want to admit it."

"Admit what?"

You leaned in closer. "You were struck by a Smooth Criminal." You closed the gap between your lips, tilting your head to add more emotion. Your boyfriend immediately began to kiss back, pulling you closer to his chest. He wouldn't admit it, but he was struck. The adrenaline you pumped in his veins was intoxicating and addictive. With this kiss, he knew he had fallen in love with you and the danger you attracted.

-Antoine-

"Next, we need two tablespoons of vanilla extract before mixing it up with the whisk," you read from your boyfriend's cookbook.

"Oui! Easy enough," Antoine replied as he poured a small amount of extract into the bowl of batter. He was a skilled cook and baker, hardly needing the help of measuring tools.

You grabbed a silver whisk from the kitchen counter before beginning to stir the concoction. You weren't the best at baking, but you hoped Antoine's expertise would rub off on you. As long as the liquid turned into a delicious cake in twenty-five minutes, you would be happy and satisfied. You used a small amount of elbow grease to thoroughly mix the batter around. At the same time, your boyfriend was preparing a metal pan that would house the cake as it formed.

"Okay, I think it's ready."

"Indeed, ze batter looks sublime, mon Cherie!" the coyote complimented. "Let's put zis in ze oven."

You poured the mixture into the prepared pan. The tasty substance slowly cascaded into the container like a delicious waterfall. It took all of your willpower to avoid tasting the remaining batter. Once all the batter was poured in the pan, you were forced to put the used bowl in the sink and wash it out. Antoine smoothed the cake with a rubber spatula before setting the pan in the preheated oven. A timer was set for twenty minutes.

You began gathering the ingredients needed to decorate the finished cake. You grabbed a couple containers of icing from your fridge as well as sprinkles and fondant. You placed all the supplies on the counter. The temptation was crawling around under your skin as you looked at the delicious frosting. You quickly opened the fresh icing container and dipped your finger like a small child. You secretly licked the sugary substance off your finger without your boyfriend's knowledge. Just as you began placing the lid back on the icing, Antoine noticed something strange.

"Mon Cherie, what is with ze chocolate on your face?" Antoine asked, with a hand on his hip.

"Oh, you know....chocolate," you answered. You didn't really have enough time to come up with a cover story.

Your boyfriend moved up towards your figure. His raked his hand slowly through your hair. "Allow me to get it for you."

Antoine's lips grasped yours in a soft kiss. You immediately kissed back and held his face in your hands. You could feel your boyfriend lick the frosting off your lips, tasting the sweetness. You were initially shocked by his sudden movements but secretly enjoyed the feeling.