8. Cutting class

"Why, Lucy? Why?! Why the hell did you lie to me all this f*cking time?! I thought... I thought you love me!" He was standing right in front of me, his hands crazily rubbing every inch of his face, harshly, to show me he was in pain.

Meanwhile, I just stood there, expressionless, not even letting him hear a second of my breathing. All I could do was watch how he suffers. How he hated the idea of divorcing. I wanted to comfort him...

To tell him, ...everything's gonna be fine,

But, fate was cruel. To both of us.

He was grabbing the contract in his hands, shaking as he tried tearing it to pieces but, couldn't as if it were made from something hard and thick. He was lurking around, searching for sharp things on the ground he could use to tear it but, he ended up hanging by a cliff.

He was on falling off a cliff. Right in front of me. Running around, trying to get the fire out and I just stood there.

***

      "I just stood there." I muttered out without realizing.

       Then, I woke up. Breathing heavily, grabbing on to my chest where I could feel my heart thump loud. Every minute I kept remembering the dream of Natsu falling off the cliff, the louder the beating.

I quickly ran into the restroom, rinsing my face off, trying to get the nightmare out of my head. I breathe in, breathe out, then, began the cycle. N-no... i-it can't possibly happen... I'm overreacting... I looked over my shoulder to see Natsu, still lying on the floor, comfortably sleeping with his shirt lifted up to show his tummy, his hand on top of it while his other spread out on the floor.

I tuck some falling strands at the back of my ear as I slowly walked toward Natsu, crouching to whisper, "I don't know how to tell you this, Natsu," I bit my lip, trying not to cry, I ran my hands through his soft pink hair, trying to make him comfortable. "I don't want to go..."

***

Natsu's P.O.V.

I yawned, stretching my arms out for as long as I pleased, but, something was different--I saw with my own eyes, Lucy, on top of me, sleeping comfortably with her hands resting on my chest. She looked like she cried last night by the way her eyes were shut tightly.

I tuck a few strands falling in front of her eyes, staring at her every feature. She looks so beautiful even when she's fast asleep. It's too good to be true. "Lucy?" I called, trying to wake her up. "Luce?"

She snored for a bit before rubbing her eyes, stretching her arms over my head then, rested them on my chest. “Is it already time to go...?” she mumbles as she used her elbows to support her upper body laying on top of me.

I chuckled in response, wiping the daliva dripping from the corner of her mouth, “Yeah, I guess so,” then, tucked some strands behind her ear.

Her eyes slowly opened, smiling in my way, “Good morning.” she greeted.

I smirked back, “Well, aren't you getting excited this early in the morning?” I bit my lower lip as I waited for her reaction.

She seemed to know what I was talking about but, didn't care. “Hey,” she called. “let's skip school today, oh?”