31. The last

[ This whole chapter will be in 3rd POV ]

On the other hand, Natsu, still stuck in Sherry's mansion, being the butler he was to her like he promised, was trying to find a way to tell her what was needed to be done.

"Get me that new dress I bought the other day, Dragneel." Sherry snapped her fingers and clapped her hands as a sign to get them to her pronto. Natsu did what he was asked.

"Sherry-"

"The day isn't over yet. You promised."

And that made him silent in his place. Being alone in this huge mansion with someone like her. Now he was contemplating his decision and willingness to do this for someone as spoiled like her. That old woman must've suffered for years under her command. But this was still for their future family.

"Does this. . . make me look like Ren would want to crawl back to me?"

Natsu snapped out of his thoughts at the sudden change of mind and mood. Sherry was holding a long, pink dress that suited and defined her curves. And she wasn't even wearing it yet.

He nods with satisfaction, "Yes. It will."

"Mind zipping this off me," It was a weird request, but for Lucy. This is for Lucy, he chanted inside his head. And began unzipping while he was looking for something else to concentrate his eyes on. Sherry could see his reaction on the mirror as she took off the dress.

Natsu turned around to maintain her privacy while Sherry was putting on a new one. "Zip me up, this time."

And he did. Reluctantly.

"You look gorgeous." He couldn't help voicing this out of the blue. To lift up her spirit and hopefully be done with this request.

"I guess. . ." She took a glass of wine from her side table and drank, "Ren isn't like any common man I've met and dined with. I've never seen such a refine man like him. ."

"Loves you this much until now?"

"No, he was a beast in the bed and that's why I yearned for him."

Natsu blinked at the idea of both of them. He was in no position to judge, but either way, she was opening up to him, finally.

"Am I ready for this? It's been such a long time since we last saw each other."

"Maybe for you, but he hasn't stopped thinking about you." Stalking her would be the right phrase to use here.

♥️

This is totally ridiculous. This whole thing has been utterly ridiculous. Especially, why he had to bring and drag everyone in this fiasco when he could've been a man and done it himself. Once the call ended, I faced Ren with a glare and slapped him across his face.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" He screamed, holding on to his swollen cheek.

"THAT is for kidnapping me. For putting my family in misery- well, that I can thank. But most importantly, for what you've done to my relationship with Natsu! You are this desperate son of the CEO and you're- you're just a big coward underneath those clothes and money. And I have never felt so sorry for anyone." No matter how much I feel related to his situation he did not have the right to take matters into his own hands. "I feel even more sorry for myself for letting someone take control of my life again. Other than my parents."