21. Added Distraction

Levy:
Oh i'm sorry about that :( still, you should've told us. now i'm worried sick. is natsu ok now?

Erza:
i should've known that man was at fault. oh and it's good that you had dinner with your fam. it's excusable but tell the idiot he shouldn't be skating if he plans on slipping!

Juvia:
Juvia still suffered with gray!!

I breathed in defeat. At least some of them understood. But wait, why would Juvia be ‘suffering’ with Gray? I thought she wanted some alone time with him this Christmas? Did something happen while I was gone? I’ll never know.

“Did you tell them?”

“T–Tell them what?” Talking to Natsu was still making me nervous as hell. It becomes a reminder that I haven’t told him about Ren yet. Argh, why does it have to be so difficult? This is harder than telling about that annulment thing. Why do situations like this always point to me?

“About the make-up dinner later tonight. I already talked to the guys. They said yes.”

“Ah, well,” I better use this dinner as a distraction first.

Lucy:
That's why, as an apology for ditching you guys, we’re going to make dinner plans tonight. we'd like for you to come so we can be a complete family
:( and hope you forgive us.

I sound desperate but what else can I do after my fault of forgetting our dinner together?

Levy:
i'm cool with it. :)

Erza:
invitation accepted

Juvia:
..as long as gray doesn't have to be with juvia.

Lucy:
speaking of gray, what hAPPENED to you two?

Juvia:
i'd rather not say..

Juvia:
but i will when juvia comes to dinner

I guess that answers the question.

As for now, Natsu is seated on the couch, probably texting the guys for the apology dinner. I wonder what's it like to text with guys?

Natsu’s p.o.v.

To be honest, Lucy became weird today. And she’s already weird enough for me to fall in love with. Today’s an extra spoon of fidgeting and stammering Lucy. She doesn't seem like she’s going to open up about it any time now. Should I give her some space or do I ask her directly about it?

Natsu:
dinner tonight with our dates. shoot?

Gray:
i'm going

Gajeel:
the hell though ditching us all

Gray:
you know he was giving her the d

Gajeel:
sure abt that?

Natsu:
we did do it

Gajeel:
ok. cool

Gray:
i gotta get myself a gf