28. Eventful Twists

[ Natsu ]

Strangely, Dad called me from the Heartfilia Konzern. Told me I should go there. They haven't heard about the news, I ought to inform them about the plan.

"Is it okay if you two keep watch of the house for now?"

Levy looked at Erza and she nodded; "Of course."

"Well, this totally ruined the slumber party." Levy folded her arms against her chest whilst I was sliding into the car.

"You left your own wife to deal with this!? How could you be irresponsible!" Mom yelled at me for it.

"Mom, Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Heartfilia, I know Lucy. She can do this. I was surprised about the plan not being thought well, but at least." They clearly were not amused or riding along the idea.

"That's it. I'm going in there." Jude tried taking matters into his own hands by standing up. He was scared.

"The deal was supposedly only if Lucy agrees to it and if he gets the money back." Layla tried reasoning out.

"Mrs. Heartfilia, with all due respect," I remembered the exact words she used against Lucy. "You were forcing an annulment and Lucy to give me up and her education here in Magnolia. Lucy couldn't do anything." I gripped on tightly to my hands out of so much frustration of the situation.

Layla looked away, hugging herself as she stared into the fireplace. "Ren took us for fools and must've known our company was going downhill."

"Don't you have any emergency funds?" Mom butts in with a stern, but worried voice. As she is still her best friend, after all.

"Our company has been failing recently. . .due to the lack of shipping of our gadgetry and new supplies. Customers lost their trust in our products, all because of the Akatsuki’s publicity."

"How come he gets to control everything? He's so much younger than you guys."

"Ren is a mere 23-year-old hormonal man!" Mom kept denying the power of money he had.

"But is also the richest man alive, Grandine. This is not a fight we can win."

I couldn't take anymore of hearing this. Over and over. "How can you give up on her this easily? She's your daughter." The four adults looked my way; still in shock of my sudden outburst. "I'm her husband and even though you guys forcing us to get married did make us fall in love after; nobody should ever be forced to do that again."

"I got a plan, though." Dad spoke up again. "I say that we get Ren his own woman."

"Dad, did you not hear a word I just said? No one should be forced into getting involved in this."

He rubbed the back of his neck, "It's an exchange gift of some sort!"

"No. As her husband, I say we trust Lucy in convincing Ren to stop him from marrying her. No one gets a say in this." I know I said all these things but deep inside, my legs couldn't stop shaking in fear, but unsure if it's becayse of the possibility that the plan might not work or the fact that I just stood up to our parents.

♥️

[ Lucy ]

"Day 3 and still not running? Hm, I'm impressed." I saw Ren resting by the piano with his arm rested on top of the covered keyboards.