25. Resolved

GRAY’S  P.O.V.

I can’t believe I just did that; I pulled Juvia out of the crowd (or our group, rather) and dragged her somewhere behind the restaurant where no one can see us. I’ve had enough of her from changing her mood; whether how she acts when she likes me or when she’s savage—it’s annoying enough to deal with just one.

“I don’t feel threatened, FYI.” Juvia spoke all of a sudden when I wasn’t speaking for about five minutes now. She sits by the door which seems to be locked at the moment; looking embarrassed yet irritated at the same time.

There’s a lot of questions I ought to ask her; why is she doing this? Did she not understand I need more time? What happened to her speaking, it was cute enough when she keeps referring to herself like someone else; I find it even cuter how upset she must be from liking someone like me.

“I didn’t drag your ass here to make you feel that.”

“Why is Ju—“ she coughs, “What am I here, even? I wasn’t doing anything wrong.”

“Oh, really now?” a smug I’m turning out to be tonight. I put my hands on my waist.“Come on, Juvia, you keep messing up with my head in front of our group. You can’t even stir clear humiliating me.”

“I learned from the master.”

“Who, me?”

“You’ve neglected my feelings, you keep thrashing the way I admire you and not to mention, treating me like trash.” This scene turned out to be more different and way bigger than I thought the picture was behind her acts. “Juvia,” her old way of talking came back, “wasn’t forcing you to like her back. She just wants to be respected and be treated as a person who adores you.”

Oh.

“Well, I’m sorry if I made you feel that way. It’s just the way I am,” I end up scratching the back of my neck. “I tend to not want to deal with stuff this serious and end up being sarcastic like joking about it so I don’t feel any pressure. Or hurt you. But I still did.”

Silence engulfed the air between us. “Can I sit there beside you?”

She looked at the space once, still looking away from me. “Gray will be crumpled up.”

But I still went and sat beside her. “Ever knew I’ve always found you cute? The way you perk up and smile or keep calling my name?” I wasn’t planning on leading her on, “Unfortunately, that’s all there is to it. There’s really…nothing romantic I can think of doing with you. Nor in the future. And I’m sorry.”

“Juvia’s fine with just liking Gray. As long as she’s still close with him.”

Now that I think about it, I guess we are pretty close. Imagine me being able to open up about ‘feelings’ to someone like Juvia. This is a new discovery.

“Gray doesn’t think anything,” I started copying the way she speaks, for fun and for her to feel more comfortable. “will ever change between him and Juvia.”

And that led her cheeks to go flustered and gaining her energy back. “Juvia is so happy!”

I began to chuckle at her reaction. “You’re happy you got rejected? That's a first.”