27. The plan begins

I have to think of something. Natsu will get caught in between if I don’t.

     "And where is my bride going at this time of night?"

Ren just had to arrive on time before Natsu and I make our trip away from here. He must've found it suspicious for me to simply walk away after that horrible discussion with him at the restaurant.

     "With you." I blurted out; I could hear Natsu and the others gasp out of surprise. Ren’s guards remained silent and waited for their master’s orders.

      "Really, now?" He laughs, coming forward to get closer to me. "You expect me to believe that when that man was driving with his stuff, as well?"

I look away from Natsu for a moment. If I don't pull this off, it’ll take a difficult turn for us. "He was angry at me for my decision. But I'm not going to let that stop me." As much as I want to get out of this situation, I'm afraid I'm going to have to embrace this and find another way to convince him. I step forward, fixing his tie in a rather bold move and right in front of Natsu at that. I'm sorry, Natsu.

      "What's with this strange turn of events?"

      "I want you to take me with you." I demanded, pulling my suitcase with me.

Levy knows exactly what I'm trying to do here and like the supportive best friend she is, she acts out. "No! Don't take her from us, please, Ren."

      "Can't do anything about it if it's my lady who wants this." He kisses my hand. Let's hope my plan works or else all this enduring will be for nothing. With the snap of his fingers, they let Natsu go. He was attempting to pull me in his arms again, but I signalled him not to. "Let my men take care of your luggage." He pulls me by the waist as we watched them take my bags one by one.

      "I suppose you'd want to say farewell to them. I'll give you ten minutes to do so. I'll be waiting by the car."  He caressed my cheek seductively and left me at the close of the door.

Natsu rushed to my side, rubbing quite harshly on my cheek. I laugh at his gesture, but he was feeling the opposite. "What the hell were you thinking? You can't live with that guy."

      "Natsu," Levy butts in to explain. "this will take a while of persuasion with a compulsive guy like Ren. Trust in Lucy."

Erza had no idea what just happened and was trying to contemplate the plan. "So, you're going to live with Ren. . .until the wedding day? I'm not so sure about this."

      "Erza's right, Luce." Natsu is still totally against this idea. "What if you magically fall in love with him? Say, uh, he pours something in your drink to trick you into marrying him."

I roll my eyes in his direction, "You really think this is a fairy tale with a witch by his side?" I plant a soft kiss on his lips and pull him into a hug, "I'm going to be fine. I've survived on my own before. It's going to take a few weeks. But I promise," I look at both if the girls this time. "this will be worth it."

Duty calls when Ren seeped through the window. I noticed how he was looking closely, probably trying to decipher our conversation. I turned to Natsu, holding his hand where Ren couldn't see and I whispered something, for him to be unable to read.

Natsu looked at me with a softened expression, running his hand against my cheek. "Can't believe it. We just got back together and now. . ."

"This won't take much long, love."

♥️

First things first, I was going to text something to Natsu about the plan. Unfortunately, Ren had his suspicious look on my phone. He took it himself.