Brynjolf x Reader fluff

(This was requested by CleoIsFancy , thank you for the request and happy reading!)

"Alright, what do you do if you get caught on the job?"

"Run, don't harm or kill them unless absolutely necessary. We're there to get rid of the extra coin, not kill."

"Very good (Name)."

Brynjolf smiled down at you (let's pretend you are shorter ^^) proudly, squeezing your hand softly in his.

"That's my lass."

You blushed, grinning shyly as you glanced up at your boyfriend. You and the ginger-haired thief have been dating for a good five months, and it was an amazing experience. Sure he was a bit cold at first when you first joined the Thieves Guild, but then he warmed up once you got closer and finished dozens of jobs successfully. After a while, he started letting his guard down when he was around you. At night, when thieves roam the shadows, the two of you would sit by the lake Riften rested on and stare up at the stars. After a year of knowing him, he confessed his long-held feelings. He was a fantastic boyfriend, kind, loyal, loving, and as a bonus very good looking. You didn't have to worry about him cheating, because one day he drank a bit too much and was found staggering around in the Bee and Bard. You quickly took him back to the hideout to sober him up and keep him from wandering off. He didn't recognize you, so when you tried to change him into his night clothes he quickly stopped you, saying.

"I have a girlfriend, don't touch me!"

It was extremely comforting and sweet, but it took a lot of convincing and answering quiz questions to convince him it was you.

Currently, the two of you were heading out on a job. The job was to go steal three antique items from a wealthy merchant in Solitude.

- A golden, Emerald engraved candle stand

- A small silver wolf statue

- A diamond necklace with a single sapphire gemstone

It was dangerous though, the man had guards patrolling the area. It was then that Brynjolf insisted on coming to watch your back, and of course you would watch his. It was a long walk, easily a three day trip. It was a lot easier with someone with you, and a bonus being someone you loved. Brynjolf would frequently remind you how much he loved you, and praised your appearance quite often. You wore simple Thieves Guild armor, but you took the compliment. You gladly returned the words by commenting on his amazing thief skills and how perfect he is to you.

Finally, the two of you entered Solitude. The area buzzed with city life, people laughing and kids running. It was different compared to the more quiet, dark Riften. You honestly didn't like it and huddled closer to Brynjolf. He too didn't look pleased, and protectively wrapped a strong arm around you. The Thieves Guild armor the two of you wore was hidden under light Mage cloaks as a disguise to avoid suspicion. It worked because the guards didn't give a second glance at you.

The two of you kept low for the rest of the afternoon, burying yourselves into books and cuddling together in a hotel room. Finally, nightfall arrived and it was time to finish the job. After a few hours of freetime, you had managed to scope out the target. He was a young man that carried himself rather proudly, with a strong stride and head held high (rhymes). He wore a robe of fancy velvet silk with elk fur along the ends. He looked more like royalty than a merchant. Ridding yourselves of the cloaks, the two of you crept out of the hotel room you rented for the afternoon and made your way down the stairs. The Inn was dimly lit, only a few people were at the bar. The bartender, a middle aged Nord, was busy flirting with the couple of girls in the room. They were too busy to notice the two thieves sneaking out.

"Are you ready love?"

Brynjolf whispered as you two approached the window to the merchant's house. You nodded in return, giving a light kiss to his cheek before climbing up to the windowsill. You weren't physically strong like Brynjolf, but you sure could climb. Pulling out a small blade, you slid it under the window and wiggled it around. After hearing the click of the lock, you jerked the handle down and popped the window open. Quietly, you slinked into a dark bathroom. You reached down to Brynjolf and grabbed his hand, hoisting him up.

"Thanks."

Brynjolf whispered, ruffling your hair softly. He then walked to the door, it was closed. No lights illuminated from beneath the door, so whatever was behind the door was dark. Opening it slowly, Brynjolf motioned for you to follow. As light as a feather, the two of you walked through a hallway. It was dark, the only light source being the moonlight coming through the occasional window. The hallway had a red carpet and fancy paintings decorating it.

Finally, a door appeared with a light underneath it. Since he was in the lead, Brynjolf peaked through the lock. A nod from him said the target was in the room. Pulling out some lock picks, he went to work. In a matter of seconds, the door creaked open. You flinched at the sound, hoping it didn't alert anyone.

Silence.

Feeling it was safe, you crept in. The room was a bedroom, and the merchant was sleeping on the bed. He even slept in his robe! The room had strong wood flooring and strong stone walls. It looked like a cell room full of trade items.

Animal skins, spell books, ingredients, weapons, everything seemed to be in this one room. It was pure luck that the wolf statue and necklace were in this room, but the candle stick was not. Brynjolf collected the two items while you went out to search for the candle stick. Going back into the hallway, you continued down the hall opposite of the way you came in. On a pedestal was the candle stick in all its glory wealth. As you grabbed it and put it in your pouch, a hand roughly latched onto your wrist.

"Where you goin with that, pretty lady?"

A voice hissed into your ear. You would've spat cusses at him, but he placed a hand over your mouth and wrapped his other arm around your waist so you couldn't scream or move.

"Save the energy for later, sweetheart."

Aw hell naw.

Mustering up your strength, you karate kicked him in the groin. As he bent over in pain, you brought your knee up into his face. He fell back onto the floor, crimson blood pouring from his nose. You simply smirked, twirled on your heel and walked off. When you got back to Brynjolf, he had just finished gathering the items. He turned to you, smiling when you flashes the candle at him.

"Let's go."

He whispered, and the two of you left holding hands.

Another successful job complete.