Alduin x Dragon Reader pt 2

(A long awaited sequel to Infi1trait0rN7 's request!)

Alduin was confused. Really confused. His young had hatched, and were now 8 months old. Dragon babies grow quickly, despite their massive lifespan, so in no time they were flying and breathing their first hints of fire. Taking this as a sign, he attempted to teach them how to kill. He found the perfect target, a lone farmer with a cow. His offspring seemed excited, but when he told them to attack they wound up playing with the human and the cow. Frustrated, Alduin strictly commanded his kids to kill. He only got two forked tongues stuck out at him. Angrily, the black dragon killed the human and the animal himself and took his kids back to the cave they called home. His mate, (Name), was there. Just the dragon Alduin wanted to see. Even though this was their first family ever, maybe her motherly instincts gave her the answers to why his kids weren't killing machines.

"Hey (Name)?"

Alduin called, nudging his children into the cave. As they ran off, the female appeared.

"Yes?"

Alduin sighed, laying down quite abruptly. The (scale color) female chuckled, she knew from his body language that he was frustrated.

"What is it this time, grumpy scales?"

She lay beside him, wrapping a wing around his larger bulk.

"How come the kids don't kill anything yet? Aren't all dragons supposed to kill?"

He said blankly, acting as if nothing was unusual with death. (Name) laughed, causing the dark male to huff.

"W-what?!"

"Alduinnnn, they're kids! They don't know of anything else but play! Give them time, and training. Murder doesn't come naturally, ya know."

"Well... I killed my first animal at three months of age-"

"You're ALDUIN, you kill anything that isn't a dragon. They may be your kids, but they have me in their blood too. I didn't kill until much later years. Be patient, give them time. Let them be kids, wait until they're ready."

"How will I know when they're ready?"

"You'll know, trust me."

Time skip of 3 years

Alduin was surprisingly patient. He didn't push his young to be like him, and he enjoyed them for being innocent. It relieved him of his darker ways, at least for now. Like his mate told him, he waited for the sign that his young were ready for killing. He was unsure what it was, but he trusted his love's word. He urged himself to not pester his family with the want to teach his kids, so instead he threw himself into chores.

(Name) was more of the hunter, she would go out and provide food for her and the kids. She was very good at it, and quite often returned with a mangled mammoth in her bloody talons.

Alduin was the main defense of the home. If he believed someone or something was getting too close, he'd kill. That's why (Name) didn't have to provide food for him, he usually ate what he killed. Humans, bears, sabers, and other dragons. Whatever was a danger to the babies, they'd be dead.

Alduin, wanting to distract himself from his main goal, decided to do more housework. He'd clean up any messes from the young ones, dress up the nest with new bedding, and work on warming up the cave with his fire.

Alduin had left to release his pent up violence. Since he tried to have a more docile, fatherly figure in front of his kids, he had to keep his violent side at bay. (Name) knew of this, and constantly reminded him he could head out to release said violence. Reluctantly, he'd leave and go off a ways. Usually, he'd stay in the region since he had grown the strong need to keep an eye on his family. However, a place he went to often was the Windhelm mountain range. There, he could kill as many soldiers as he pleased. When satisfied with the blood on his scales, he'd return home feeling a lot better. Sometimes stress would get to him, the responsibilities of being a parent can get stressful. This couldn't be solved by killing, and instead Alduin would spend the night with his mate in the nearby valley. There, the two could express their strong love without worrying about the kids.

(Name) was watching over the two kids while Alduin was away. She smiled lovingly at her offspring, she was so glad to have them. Currently, they played with one another. (Name) chuckled as they rolled around. She was glad to see them like this, she felt no need for them to be 'dragons' anytime soon. However, she did wonder what they would be like when they attacked something. Would they be ruthless and violent like their father, or silent and quick like her. Either way, she'd love them.

*grrrrrrrrr*

(Name) looked up, along with her young. At the entrance stood a large male Sabertooth. He looked hungrily at the baby dragons, who stared back confused. (Name) growled, she learned not to underestimate Sabers. They were surprisingly tough, especially when in packs. The (scale color) dragon inched closer, baring her fangs. She had a violent side of her own, and she would gladly unleash it on this cat. The Sabertooth now had its eyes on her, he didn't seem a tiny bit fazed. His hunger was driving him insane, to the point of attacking adult dragons.

Two blurs smacked into the Saber, knocking it to the ground. (Name) roared out as her kids wrestled the Saber to the ground. The cat was larger than both babies, but they were dragon babies after all. They were already stronger. Their eyes seemed glazed as the rage of an intruder made them act this way. One bit into the cat's throat while the other held him down. The sound of skin tearing filled the cave, and the yowls of the cat went quiet.

(Name) stared in shock at the torn throat of the Sabertooth. Her kids acted like nothing happened, and continued to play with one another.

Her shock went away, and a smirk stretched on her muzzle.

'Wait till I tell Alduin.'