Durnehviir x Dragon Reader

( Requested by Startalon-the-NW ! Thank you and I apologize for the wait! Enjoy~)

(Name) knew that Durnehviir had self esteem issues. He often would tell himself that he wasn't a true dragon due to being so different looking from the others. It was true that he was different, but that's what she liked about him. Her mate was unique, and handsome in his own way. Also, he was an immortal powerful being in the Soul Cairn, how was that not cool?! However, due to being tricked into eternal life in the Soul Cairn, Durnehviir could rarely see (Name) in Tamriel. Only when the Dragonborn summoned him could Durnehviir visit his mate. The Dovahkin, being understanding enough to feel the pair's pain, summoned Durnehviir just to spend time with (Name). (Name) was a peaceful dragon to the Dragonborn, and the Dovahkin trusted her enough to 'spend a shout' to summon her mate.

However, even with this ability to bring the undead dragon to Tamriel, it was short lived and he would disappear almost as fast as he arrived. (Name), determined to keep their bond strong, submitted herself to the Ideal Masters into eternal life in the Soul Cairn. Knowing that these Ideal Masters were the same beings that trapped her mate, (Name) pledged herself to protect Durnehviir. Since Durnehviir was immortal, she would be with him in the Soul Cairn forever, just like he would be there due to Valerica, a vampire. But (Name) had no regrets, and the (scale color) scaled female was sent into the Soul Cairn.

Durnehviir was not entirely happy about her sudden arrival. He felt crushed that she was now trapped in the hell he too was forced to stay in, all because of him. The male blamed himself for her freedom being ripped away, and he ignored her part of the story. He only blamed himself, not hearing that she wanted this. Eventually, he listened to (Name), and honestly was glad he had nice company in the Soul Cairn. Valerica, the vampire he was assigned to protect, wasn't a friendly being. Glad that his mate was here, Durnehviir finally felt happy.

Life in the Soul Cairn wasn't very detailed. A lot of the same things happened over and over, not much change came around. However, Durnehviir and (Name) spent time together to keep the boredom out. Said entertainment eventually led up to future eggs, which the couple happily talked about. However, as stated above, (Name) knew Durnehviir wasn't completely over the idea of her being stuck down here with him. Every now and then, he would say how happy she could be up in Tamriel with a proper mate. Not one with a half mummified body...

"Durnehviir."

(Name) stated his name strongly after he began another round of his rambling. The undead dragon hushed himself, giving his full attention to his mate.

"I came here because you're here, and I wanted to be here with you Durnehviir. I made the decision to come here. Did you force me down here?"

"N-No but-"

"Did you force me down here?"

"No."

"Then don't blame yourself Durnehviir, you did nothing wrong."

"But I'm the reason you came down here to the Soul Cairn, I'M the reason you're trapped!"

"I came down here by choice, my mate is trapped down here against his will, and I didn't want him to be alone. I came here on purpose, because I love you Durnehviir."

(Name) brushed her nose against his leathery neck, breathing in his calming scent.

"Our young will love you too Durnehviir~"

(Name) teased, fully remembering that she was pregnant with eggs.

"D-DON'T SAY IT IN THAT TONE!!"