Paarthurnax x Dragon Reader

(This is a request from Infi1trait0rN7 ! Thank you and I'm so sorry for the wait <3)

On the tip of the Throat of the World, two dragons meditated in the heavy breeze. Most creatures would freeze at the cold temperature, but dragons kept warm by the fires in their bellies.

Paarthurnax lay calmly, his front legs tucked under his chest much like a cat would. His withered wings rested peacefully at his sides and his age-scarred tail coiled in a 'J' position. The old dragon held his head erect, keeping it high to breathe in the mountain air. His sides expanded and shrunk with each breath, and his mind and soul felt at peace.

"Grrr."

His ears twitched at his partner's irritation. Opening his silvery blue eyes, the male turned his head to look at his mate. The elderly (scale color) female wiggled and squirmed as she tried to get comfortable. That, or she was getting antsy.

"Struggling to hold still love?"

Paarthurnax asked, cocking his head to the side. (Name) huffed, a small cloud of smoke in her breath.

"Maybe.."

She teased, pouting playfully. Her mate chuckled, causing her to blush under her scales. Despite their older age, Paarthurnax's voice was still so strong and deep. It's huskiness got her every time.

"Come here."

The white scaled male gently said, flicking his tail to invite her closer. (Name) got up, making her way over to her mate. She lied down next to him, snuggling close. Paarthurnax brought a wing over her, pulling (Name) flush against his side. White mixed with (scale color).

"You're very tense dear, relax. Nothing will harm us here."

Paarthurnax whispered, feeling the straining in his mate's muscles. (Name) tried to relax, reassuring herself nothing would attack them. Alduin would be the greatest threat, but the Dragonborn was keeping him at bay. Still, he could appear out of thin air it seemed.

A gentle stroking sensation came to (Name)'s flank, and she looked back to see her mate's tail gently petting her. It was a bit childish, yes, but it was sweet. And it worked. (Name) could feel herself relax, the feeling of the protection Paarthurnax castes upon her grew. He was relaxed, so she could be relaxed too.

"Now, want to try meditating again?"

Paarthurnax asked. (Name) nodded, gently giving his cheek a lick.

"Let's."