Ralof x Pregnant Reader

(Requested by Souleaterlover482482 ! Hope you like it!)

"I promise I'll be back."

(Name) sighed, resting her chin on her crossed arms. Staring out the window of her dorm, she watched rain drops race each other down the glass.

"I need you to come back alive Ralof."

A flash of lightning lit up the cloudy sky, before a loud crack of thunder made the ground vibrate.

"I will, I promise. To you and to our child."

(Name) placed her hand on her belly, the skin bloated from baby fat. 9 months pregnant, her baby bump was very noticeable. The baby was very healthy, no issues whatsoever. However, the kiddo was kicking more and more often, and it made the woman worry.

"What if I go into labor when you're gone?"

What if she gave birth without her husband's presence?

"Try to hold in there, but I understand if the time has to come when I'm at war."

The (hair color) haired woman smiled at the memory of his words. Ralof was so caring and understanding. He was perfect in her eyes. Handsome, strong, loving, loyal, and honest. He was the perfect package.

Being a General in the Stormcloak army, Ralof was summoned for the largest wars. Ulfric understood Ralof's need to be with his wife, so he tried to keep him at home as much as possible. However, with it being an attack on Solitude, Ralof wasn't so lucky.

Three months, he'd be gone. (Name) was moved from their nice cottage in Riverwood to the Castle of Windhelm. There, healers could keep and eye on her pregnancy and she was given the finest well-keeping. Plenty of food, protection, and shelter from the cold weather, (Name) was in good hands.

It had only been five weeks, but they felt like years. (Name) worried for Ralof's wellbeing, was he okay? Was he alive?

(Name) shook her head, chuckling dryly.

"Stupid pregnancy hormones, making me think the impossible."

She thought out loud, turning away from the window. Ralof was easily one of the strongest soldiers in the army, he could handle himself. Deciding to distract herself, (Name) went to the large bed and grabbed a book.

'Lusty Argonian Maid Vol.1'

The (hair color) haired woman grimaced. Out of all books in Skyrim, it had to be this one?

'People actually read this?!'

(Name) wondered as she noticed there were multiple books to this. Tossing it away, she decided to sleep instead.

Ralof

The war wasn't a success, the Imperials had the element of surprise on their side. The Stormcloak army was ambushed in the middle of a meadow during the night. A ring of fire was cast, surrounding the Stormcloaks in an arena of flames. Arrows were shot through them, striking as many of Ulfric's followers as possible. The fire was closing in, and there were only a few choices.

- Wait for the flames to engulf you

- Pray an arrow strikes you before fire does