Farkas + Vilkas x Father! Reader

Requested by Faux_the_Wolf !

WARNING: MENTIONS DETAILED PANIC ATTACK

"Farkas! Don't bend your knees so far in your stance, an enemy could easily knock you over with a sweep of their leg!"

"Vilkas, do NOT eat that damn bug! Would you eat a bug in the middle of a battle?"

"....maybe."

(Name) sighed as he yanked at his (hair color) locks in frustration, his two sons were 'training' again. By training, it was more 'let's mess with Father today!' The boys, little devils, would ignore their Father's commands and carelessly smack each other with sticks. This deeply frustrated (Name), as he was a single father and inexperienced. These were his only kids, his little troublesome treasures. Their mother, (Random Name), was killed in a Draugr ambush at their old village Rorikstead. (Name) blamed himself for her death, as he could've taught her to defend herself or saved her himself.

Now, determined to teach his boys to survive, he found his pupils to be sour learners. Watching them misbehave brought in horrible ideas of their upcoming death, being slaughtered by an enemy and being unable to defend themselves. The ideas clouded the Father's mind, and his anxiety began to arise to a noticeable panting in his breath. Clawing at his scalp, (Name)'s eyes were clouded with the images of their perish... all because he couldn't train them properly.

A strangled sob erupted from his esophagus. Farkas and Vilkas, halting their assault on an ant hill, froze and faced their struggling Father. Their icy eyes widened in horror of their Father struggling for air, collapsed on his knees.

"Dad!"

Farkas shrieked, rushing to his Dad. Fat, shiny tears slipped from his eyes, drawing clean paths along his dirty cheeks as he sobbed for the wellness of his Father. Vilkas stood in shock, his Dad mirrored the image of a tortured man.

"....Father...."

He whispered, snapping out of it before rushing to his brother's side.

"FATHER!"

He cried, clamping his soft hands to his Dad's battle-worn face. (Name)'s once (skin color) face was a sickly green, his anxiety had closed up his windpipe. Remembering something he read about panic attacks, Vilkas turned to his sobbing brother.

"He- he needs to breathe more slowly... deep breathes!"

Farkas meekly nodded, moving to help his Father sit up. He was so weak from air loss, he was almost flopping like a rag doll.

"Dad...Dad you need to breathe more slowly, calm down please... please."

(Name) rasped horrible, his throat crackling. His rushed panting stuttered, and his windpipe opened once more. Color returned to his face, and finally his breathing slowed enough to speak.

"I couldn't save your mother..."

He rasped, his eyes foggy with tears. He choked a sob, making his sons jump in fear that another panic attack started.

"What?"

Farkas croaked, his own throat raw from crying.

"Your mother... I failed in teaching her self defense. I never thought she needed it, since Rorikstead barely had trouble (meanwhile, packs of giants and wolves roam nearby in Rorikstead). I could've taught her, I didn't know about the Draugr I didn't know-"

He broke down sobbing, clutching his face within his large hands. His boys stared at their broken Father, tears melting down their own faces.

"It's okay Dad, it's okay-"

"No, I want you both to know what happened to your Mom. So that you may understand the importance of your training, I do not wish for the same end for you both."

Farkas and Vilkas listened closely to the story of their Mother's unfortunate end. (Name) did not stray from the bloody details, as he wanted to use her end to scare his sons into preventing theirs. In the end, the three males hugged one another, enjoying the company of their small family.

Above, in Sovngarde, (Random Name) watched her boys and husband proudly.

"I'm so proud of you all."