Miraak x Reader

(This request is for Dovahkiin12234 ! Hope you enjoy and as always, happy reading!)

Side note: Reader is a 'Dragon Training Apprentice'. You live in a small academy with at least 15 other learners. To become a true follower of Miraak, you must go to a cave and tame a single dragon. However, the task is harder than it seems.

Three days before mission~

"Are you nervous (Name)?"

A fellow apprentice asked, picking at her nails. It was clear she was anxious. (Name) said nothing at first, thinking about her thoughts. She was more excited than nervous.

"I'm honestly confident, I feel Miraak knows we are ready for this. He knows we are strong, he wouldn't put us into something we can't handle."

(Name) spoke with a sturdy tone, much more stronger than the other's stumbling words. The (hair color) haired apprentice was slightly older than the others. While the common dragon trainer apprentice would come around 16-22 years of age, (Name) was 26. Her older age was due to spending most of her life beside Miraak as his companion. The (skin color) colored female had caught Miraak's attention, her strong personality and belief in his power made him trust her quickly. He allowed her to study from his books, and spend free time wandering around the island. Over the years, the two became great friends. And, if honest, other feelings developed.

The younger apprentice, encouraged by her words, straightened upright and walked forth. (Name) chuckled, watching the girl waltz away.

"Kids."

A deep voice murmured from behind her. (Name) whipped around, staring into the symbols and designs of Miraak's mask.

"M-Miraak!"

(Name) sputtered, her tongue suddenly struggling to form words. The man simply 'looked' at her, the eyes of his mask boring into her (eye color) eyes. It was a tad bit awkward, since no one spoke.

"Are you ready?"

Miraak asked, stepping closer. (Name) nodded, swallowing whatever nerves she had from his presence.

"Yes, I am."

"I know you're ready. You are possibly my best trainee. If anyone is ready to train a dragon, it's you."

"Well... You did let me read from your studies~ Plus, I'm the oldest apprentice here, I have instincts that they don't."

"Don't get too cocky, instinct won't help you against a dragon. They're intelligent, and should be respected. This trial isn't just the fact you can tame a dragon, it's if you can form a bond with one. The stronger you are, the stronger the dragon and the bond."

"Wow, that's very deep for someone who takes dragonsouls for your own well-being!"

(Name) teased, remembering the stories Miraak had told her.

"And we shall not speak of that."

The day of the mission~

It was a long hike. The past two days consisted of hiking 45 miles to the cave dragons nested in. (Name) and the other apprentices had to walk by foot, while the mentors rode on horseback. Miraak, the bastard, got to be all high and mighty and ride a dragon during the journey. (Name) scoffed, watching as he landed the beast.