Thirteen

Emerald walked around her room stretching her aching muscles. She'd been in the bed way to long and now her muscles felt heavy and tight. Her mind went over the day before when Kathy had explained mates to her. It seemed to make a bit of sense as far as Emeralds reactions to the Alpha - well except the fear. 

Emerald shook her head, there was no way that she was his mate. From what Kathy said, mates would never hurt each other yet the Alpha had hurt her. She hasn't even had the courage to look at her back. She knew scars were rare to wolves but that didn't mean they couldn't get them. Emerald feared that that's what she'd find. Long, jaggad scars criss-crossing her back. Emerald closed her eyes against the memories of the whip and the sound it had made as it whizzed and sliced through the air just before the sickening sound of it hitting and tearing open her back.

Shaking her head quickly she opened her eyes, blinking a few times to clear them. She didnt want to think about it. Emerald walked to the wondow and peeked outside. She seen quite a few people walking below. She couldnt remember the last time she'd seen so many in one area before. Emerald spotted Kathy and followed the direction she was looking, her eyes widened when she seen the Alpha being tackled by some children.

Emerald bit her lip as she watched him. He was obviously laughing and having fun. She watched closely, taking in the slight wrinkle next to his eye, she remembered her father had said that it was from smiling so much. Emerald did a slow look of the Alpha and concluded that he was indeed strong. He had to be the biggest male she'd seen since her father.

She found herself curious what his laughter would sound like and her hands moved unconsciously to the bottom of the window but the moment she tried to lift it it made a god aweful screeching sound. Emerald quickly let go, her gaze snapped back to the Alpha hoping he didn't hear but as Emerald lifted her gaze she was trapped yet again by  the Alpha's golish brown. The intensity of those golden orbs left Emerald almost breathless, she'd never seen eyes like his and if she we're being honest with herself she'd have to say they were the most beautiful.

Emerald quickly backed away, her hand against her pounding chest. She shook her head continuously denying that Kathy could be possibly right. She wasn't his mate, she wasn't!

She was still afraid of the Alpha and his Beta but that was the entire issue at hand. Emerald had to leave. If she didn't and whoever was after her found out she was here they would come back for her. They would kill everyone. Just like they'd done in hers.

She may be afraid of this pack, but those children are innocent. She couldn't let the children be caught up in her troubles and Kathy- that sweet woman.... She could see any more death like that.

Emerald yelped when her door suddenly flunge opens and she turned wide eyes on whoever had barges into her room. Her eyes widened even wider when she seen the Alpha standing there, panting. "Come Emerald. Fresh air will do you good."

Emeralds eyes widened, how had he known her name? She never told him. The only one who kn- Emerald wanted to smack herself of course it was Kathy. THE Alpha was her son and if Kathy believed them to be mates she would tell her son the name of his so called mate.

"I-I uh..." she wetted her suddenly dry lips nervously.

Dash watched her mouth with fascination. Now that she'd bathed and was cleaned he'd noticed that he'd been wrong about her hair or was neither of the colors he'd assumed. Her hair was a honey blonde and beautifully thick. Her eyes- Dash shook his head he should have guessed what her name was. Her eyes were the give a way.

"Emerald." Dash said more softly. "You've been stuck in this room for days. The fresh air will do you good. I promise if your afraid, I promise I won't let anyone hurt you." Dash watched almost nervously as Emerald seemed to consider his request. She looked over her shoulder, towards the window. When she turned and fixed her beautiful green eyes back on his face, he nearly stopped breathing.

"Alright, but I want to meet the children." Emerald couldn't really deny the Alpha. And she did want the fresh air. Eight years outside and suddenly being locked in a room was making Emerald anxious.

Dash nodded, and backed out of the room to make room for her, he didn't want to croud her. "Come I'll lead you."