Nineteen

Emerald felt the large office closing in around her as she sat alone on the chair directly in front of Dash's desk, while Dash, his Beta, and his mother stood behind looking at her curiously. Emerald feared their reaction, but worse she didn't want to cause any harm or pain to his family. Taking a deep breath Emerald lifted her eyes and looked at them. "My name- my name is Emerald St. Clare." Emerald paused to let that sink in. She could see Dash and Lucas furrow their brow's as they tried to figure out why the name sounded so familiar, but it was Kathy who recognized it.

Kathy gasped out, her eyes widening as she looked at Emerald. Emerald used all her strength not to look down or away as Kathy looked her over. Kathy then turned to Dash and Lucas figuring out that neither of them seemed to realize who she was. She smacked Dash's arm, "Dash! How could you not remember! St. Clare! The Mountain Pack? Remember, the rouges had plagued them, and then they had attacked killing everyon-" Kathy paused, looking at Emerald for a moment before correcting herself. "Well apparently not everyone, but we thought that the entire pack had been slaughtered."

Emerald watched as Dash looked at her, while taking in the information his mother was giving him. It took him but a minute to remember what she was talking about and his eyes lit up with recognition. "You were apart of the Mountain Pack?" Dash asked in awe, a hint of concern and sympathy.

Emerald nodded slowly as her throat tried to tighten at the mention of her old pack. Her family. "Yes." She whispered. "My father was Alpha." This bit of information seemed to shock them all into silence but Emerald kept talking, fearing if she stopped she wouldn't be able to speak about it again. "I was only ten when the attack happened, but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was staying over at a friend's house. We were having so much fun, I remember laughing and just being well a kid. Then I remember Ashley's mother coming in. We had to hide, the rouges began the attack and while Ashley and I hid in this tunnel we could hear the screams, and growls above us and around us." Emerald paused for a moment, catching her breath as she seemed to see everything so clearly even though she wasn't there now. "We ended up falling asleep, Ashley and I but I woke first. I noticed right off that it was quiet and I woke Ashley hoping that we could leave the dark and wet tunnel and when we tried a rouge blocked out path so we ran out the other side."

Emerald could feel the tears slip down her cheeks but refused to acknowledge them. "My intention was to make it to my father, I knew he would protect us but we didn't make it far. A rouge grabbed hold of Ashley and while I was busy trying to pull her away from him we ended up surrounded. Their leader made it clear that he was there for me. I didn't know why at the time, I just knew that he wanted me. While I was distracted by their leader, my friend had her neck snapped.." Emerald sniffed, but kept going. "I remember the sound... The sound of her bone snapping... But I didn't try to help her, I just knew that if I got to my father he'd do it. He'd save her. But the more I ran, the more I seen members of my pack laying on the ground dead... I then found my father, he wasn't dead though. He told me to run and to not come back and that's exactly what I did and have been doing for eight years. I found out why they were after me when I turned sixteen." Emerald finally stopped to take a breath and to let them take all of the information that she just blurted out in. She was afraid to look at them.

What would they do when they found out that the rouges here most likely attacked because of her? What would they do to her when they found out she had the ability to control the wind, even though she wasn't practiced enough to control it at will?