Twenty

Dash slouched in his chair as millions of questions ran through his mind as he processed the information about his mate. He watched Emerald fidget at their silence and his heart constricted. His beautiful mate was stronger than he ever thought, and skittishness was understandable. She seen her pack members dead, her best friend killed and her father dying in front of her. He remember his father and sister dying, but he still had his pack and his mother. He couldn't imagine what Emerald went through and all at a young age.

Dash finally found his voice, sitting straighter. "Why do you think the rouges were after you?"

He could see the fear clear on his mates face, but he couldn't figure out why she would be afraid of them. His mother who had been quiet this whole time finally moved forward and embraced Emerald, Dash was glad his mother was with him and comforted his mate even though Dash wanted to do it himself. My mother whispered something in Emeralds ear, then Emerald nodded and looked at Dash.

Dash would never get tired of looking into her beautiful green eyes, "when I turned sixteen I realized I was different.. Instead of just going through my chance I had another ability..."

Dash knew she was stalling and the more she spoke the more he could see and scent her panic. "Em, your safe here. No matter what you say, your safe."

She seemed to consider this, but shook her head. "Thats the thing, I'm not. I'm not safe, I got my pack killed, my best friend-- my father! They came for me and I was helpless... I will bring nothing but harm to your pack, I can't stay here!" She said near hysteria.

Dash growled low in his chest, the idea of her leaving making him not only fearful but possessive. She was his and he'd be damned of he lost her now over something he wasn't even sure about. He stood slowly but didn't approach her, "your mine! I won't let you leave me after I've finally found you."

She whimpered and Dash could see the torn emotions in her wide expressive eyes. But what surprised him was the sudden fire he seen, the building anger. Emerald suddenly stood and glared at him, "I'm not an object! You can't claim me like one! I. Can't. Stay!" She said each word, as if Dash would understand better. "Your pack won't be safe, your mother won't be either. They will continue to come for me until they have me."

Dash frowned his voice harsher than he meant as he spoke. "Then explain it to me, spell it out. Why do the rouges want you?"

"Because I'm gifted!" Emerald screamed. Dash opened his mouth then shut it tightly, his mother gasped at the information. Her eyes becoming more concerned.

Dash knew quite more than he let on about the gifted. Was his mate really like him? Was she really blessed with an ability? He could see how scared she was of his reaction, their reaction. Dash looked to his mother, and linked Lucas sending them away. Kathy smiled reassuringly at his mate, and then both Lucas and his mother left the room.

Dash stood not being able to keep himself away from his mate any longer. He grabbed her arms slowly, showing her he meant no harm and Emerald went warily. "I don't care if your gifted Em because I am too. My pack knows this and accepts me just fine." Dash began, ignoring her shock he continued. "I understand your fear, I understand your doubt but you are mine. My mate, my other half. I can't let you leave because I need you more than I need air. You are my everything now, and nothing will stand in my way when it comes to you. I know it will take you time to understand all of this, to believe me but I'm willing to wait." Dash couldn't stop himself from caressing her soft cheek, satisfaction flowing through him when she closed her eyes and sighed.

He fought against the urge to kiss her, to feel her soft lips under his. He was dying to taste her but more than that he wanted her to want him too. Dash felt a ghost of a smile on his face. She was beautiful, her long blonde hair, her creamy skin, everything about her was perfection. "I will protect you mate to the day I draw my last breath."

*
**
*
Here ya go guys! I'm so sorry about updating so slow but I'm trying to be faster haha.

I hope you all like the newest chapter, let me know what you think.