Thirty-Four

Emerald was watching as Dash and Lane lashed out at each other, both nipping and testing out each other, but never really attacking. She remembered this technique from when Dash was training her. It was a way to test out weaknesses, look for blind spots. Emerald's heart hammered in her chest, as she watched them finally lunge at each other, canines bared. She wanted to scream out, scared for her mate, but she knew it would distract him and bit her lip instead.

"Dash has this, we should get to the safe room so that he doesn't have to worry anymore..." Kathy explained, pulling Emerald slowly.

Emerald wanted to pull away, to stay and watch and possibly help Dash if he needed it, but over all knew that Kathy was right. She followed Kathy, Lucas following behind Emerald as they began their way to the safe room. Emerald finally looked around and noticed many of the rouges dead, but she also seen some of Dash's pack, her pack... Tears welled up in her eyes, blinking them away she bumped into Kathy's back. Emerald looked up, wondering why she'd stopped when she noticed that there were two rouges in front of them. Lucas immediately stepped in front of Kathy, blocking them both from the rouges.

Emerald looked closer and her body became numb. The front rouge, his smile, the way he stood. Emerald moved her attention to the other rouge, and she felt a sudden and undeniable fury run through her. It was them. The one, who had ordered Amy's death, and the one who had killed her. After all these year's they looked the same as Emerald remembered. Emerald could feel herself begin to shake, her body heat with the warning of her change, and she welcomed it. It had been too long since her last shift, and she was ready to avenge her friend and pack.

Emerald was barely aware of Kathy talking to her, barely aware of Lucas pulling her arm, she wanted blood. Her mind was made up, set and ready. Without further hesitated, Emerald shifted. Her wolf though not nearly as big as a males was still larger than most females. She was a Luna after all. Emerald could hear someone else shifting beside her, but didn't wait. She launched forward, her wind whirling around her as a shield as she barreled through rouges that were in her way. The rouge's who's been the most responsible for her dreams had been smiling, smirking before. Now, Emerald growled with satisfaction as they stared stunned. Emerald didn't wait for the leader to shift, she jumped, and latched on to his throat. Her mouth filled with blood, but she didn't care. She tugged, and shook her head like his neck was a rag, only satisfied when she heard the sickening suction sound as she ripped his jugular out.

The rouges body fell hard to the ground, and she turned to the second. The one who'd killed Ashley, he had been standing there paralyzed. Emerald hoped it was with fear, but unfortunately he'd snapped out of it the moment his buddy had hit the ground. Emerald shifted back into her human form, not the least embarrassed about her nudity. She knew later she would be, but right now, she only wanted blood and she wanted nothing more than to watch this rouges blood spill, but that wouldn't happen.

"The little bitch is all grown up now I see." The filth said, smirking as he ran his eyes over Emerald body.

Emerald didn't even flinch, she growled low, and though the rouge had put up a front, she could see that he wasn't expecting it to have any effect over him. Emerald smirked knowingly. It helped to be Luna. "I'm finally going to kill you."

The rouge laughed, "you? Really? If I remember correctly, you couldn't even save that girl. What do you think your going to accomplish? A scratch here, a scratch there?"

Emerald refused to let her tears, or her emotions win. She knew she'd failed to save Ashley, but she wouldn't fail in avenging her. Instead, Emerald smirked. "I'm going to snap your pathetic neck, just like you did to Ashley, then I'll tear you limb from limb and throw you in the woods for the animals to feed on."